Frank Graham 4-H Volunteer Leadership Award
The Frank Graham 4-H Volunteer Leadership Award recognizes 4-H volunteers for their hard work and dedication to Missouri's youth. The award is named in honor of Frank Graham, former director of the MU Extension 4-H Center for Youth Development and founding member of the Missouri 4-H Foundation Board of Trustees.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of volunteer service to Missouri 4-H.
- Demonstrate a significant impact on their 4-H Club or county-wide 4-H program.
- Nominees must be recognized volunteers (screened, approved, with an existing 4HOnline profile) in the previous program year. For example, a 2023 nominee should have been a recognized volunteer between Oct. 1, 2021 and Sept. 30, 2022.
- Counties are limited to one (1) nomination (single person or couple) per year, regardless of the number of volunteers in that county.
- Depending on the number of nominees received, awards may be limited to no more than two volunteers per region. A small committee will make the final selection based on:
- Years of service
- Demonstrated leadership amongst fellow volunteers (e.g., helps staff with club or project leader training for new volunteers, mentors new volunteers)
- Demonstrated personal growth as a volunteer (e.g., attendance at Energizers or other 4-H educational events, 4-H Volunteer e-Forums)
Please complete the Frank Graham nomination form to nominate a 4-H volunteer for the 2021-2022 program year. The application will be available from November 1 through December 15.
Award recipients will be recognized by the nominating county and the Missouri 4-H Foundation. A $100 monetary award will be presented to a 4-H county or chartered 4-H club in the awardees honor.
For questions about the Frank Graham 4-H Volunteer Leadership Award, please contact the Missouri 4-H Foundation office or call 573-882-2680.