Career opportunities with MU Extension
Open Extension positions are listed in the table below. For more information and to apply online, select the job title in the table or go to https://hr.missouri.edu/job-openings and search by Job ID. Applications must be submitted through the online process.
Working for MU Extension
Be a leader
We Serve Missouri and Deliver Mizzou. In an ever-changing world, University of Missouri Extension is leading the way to help Missourians meet the challenges of the 21st century – competing in a global marketplace, balancing the responsibilities of work and family, protecting natural resources, adapting new technologies and creating supportive communities.
With University of Missouri Extension, you are part of a statewide and nationwide network that transforms research results into real-world solutions for agriculture, businesses, communities, families and young people. University of Missouri Extension allows you the flexibility and freedom to define your role and set your priorities.
Our specialists and staff members — serving in all 114 Missouri counties and the City of St. Louis — partner with local people and communities to solve problems, make decisions, access resources and chart a course for success. As a specialist, you are a faculty member of the University of Missouri with expertise and research available from campuses in Columbia, Kansas City, Rolla and St. Louis to support you. We also work collaboratively with our land-grant partner, Lincoln University, to meet the educational aspirations of people living throughout Missouri.
University of Missouri Extension receives strong support from the University of Missouri's governing body, the Board of Curators.
In joining our organization, you can experience work that has meaning and purpose. Together, we can share the satisfaction of making Missouri a better place to live and work.
Knowledge is University of Missouri Extension's biggest asset. We believe in continual investment in training and provide the latest tools and skills to get the job done. From the moment you join University of Missouri Extension throughout your career, you receive up-to-date training in your field, as well as opportunities to grow personally. Each faculty member creates an individual development plan to build on strengths and expand knowledge.
Professional development with University of Missouri Extension takes many forms:
- New faculty and staff orientation
- Scheduled professional and personal development experiences
- Individualized and specialized professional development, including international experiences and national conferences
- Study leave to pursue an advanced degree for ranked faculty
- Tuition assistance for graduate education
- Leadership training
- Internships and externships
Find your place
University of Missouri Extension knows there's more to who you are than your career. As a MU Extension faculty or staff member, you are part of the community — living and working alongside your neighbors.
We know that lifestyle, family and personal interests are important considerations when making career decisions.
Whether your tastes run to the simplicity of rural living, the excitement of city life or somewhere in between, you will find your place here in Missouri. In addition, you will enjoy a cost of living that is among the lowest in the nation.
- Current MU employees must go through MyHR to complete the application process.
- For questions about the online application process, call 573-882-7976.
- For technical support using the application system, call the MU Help Desk at 573-882-5000.
- To check the status of position searches, please email [email protected].
To search for other job postings
- Select the type of position you are seeking (executive, academic, staff or temporary non-benefit eligible). Note: Field Specialist/Faculty positions are listed as “academic.” Other administrative titles (e.g. Nutrition or Youth Program Associates) are listed as “staff.” Job openings can also be filtered by location.
- Select “prospective employees” if you are not a current University of Missouri employee. If you are currently employed through MU, select “current employees.”
- Select “view all jobs.”
- At the top right of the page, select the sort button and sort by job title or search by job ID (listed in chart below).
- Applications must be submitted through the online process.