Serves rural Missouri by helping farms, agribusinesses and communities understand their opportunities and challenges to make informed decisions
Pearls of Production
Pearls of Production is a hands-on educational program for women involved in livestock production. The program consists of a classroom setting and focused on key animal production topics presented by female industry leaders addressing women safety issues working with livestock, livestock health concerns, current topics in the livestock industry, policy and regulatory issues, taking care of yourself, and how to be a positive influence in livestock production. The other portion of the program focuses on areas of livestock production which are key to the Missouri economy (beef cattle, small ruminants, swine, poultry, farm safety, management, and forages) through hands on training at the respective University of Missouri research facilities.
The objective is to provide a leadership and hands-on training opportunity for women involved in livestock production in Missouri.
Meet the experts
- Karen Funkenbusch INSTRUCTOR, EXTNS
- Reagan Bluel FIELD SPECIALIST IN DAIRY
- Corinne Bromfield ASST. EXT. PROF., SWINE PRODUCTION MED & EDUCATION DIRECTOR, EXT. ANIMAL HEALTH & PRODUCTION
- Heather Conrow FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Kendra Graham EXTENSION ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Erin Larimore RESEARCH SPECIALIST SR
- Elizabeth Picking FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Amie Schleicher FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Brenda Schreck FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Marcia Shannon PROF. & STATE SWINE EXT. SPECIALIST
- Valerie Tate FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY