SparkMap uses location-specific data to create maps, assessments, and reports that are used by businesses, nonprofits, governments, researchers, and communities to inform and transform their work. Use our collection of over 25,000 data sets for free for as long as you wish (no registration required) or subscribe to unlock advanced features and save your library of work.
Center for Applied Research and Engagement Systems
Founded in 1992, the Center for Applied Research and Engagement Systems (CARES) at the University of Missouri develops and supports mapping, reporting, and collaboration systems that enables the public, policymakers, and nonprofit sector organizations to make more informed decisions.
CARES collaborates on projects with support from a number of organizations including foundations, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and partnering university researchers. Through these collaborations, CARES has developed a significant portfolio for data collection and management, web-based content delivery, and spatial analysis.
Learn more about CARES and its projects here.
Meet the experts
- Chris Fulcher DIRECTOR
- Chris Barnett ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
- Adam Banning SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
- Angela Johnson SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST
- Angie Stewart BUSINESS OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
- Chris Stephens GIS TECHNICIAN
- Dave Connett GIS TECHNICIAN
- David Cavins PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Jamie Kleinsorge CARES SENIOR PROGRAM/PROJECT SUPPORT COORDINATOR
- Justin Krohn CARES RESEARCH PROJECT ANALYST
- Kevin Atherton CARES TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Melissa DeBartolomeo PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Michael Barbaro PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Michael Hardy SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST
- Samuel Tennant CARES PROJECT SUPPORT COORDINATOR
- Yan Barnett SENIOR RESEARCH CONSULTANT
- Zhengting He VISITING RESEARCH SCHOLAR