SparkMap uses location-specific data to create maps, assessments, and reports that are used by businesses, nonprofits, governments, researchers, and communities to inform and transform their work. Use our collection of over 25,000 data sets for free for as long as you wish (no registration required) or subscribe to unlock advanced features and save your library of work.
Center for Applied Research and Engagement Systems
The Center for Applied Research and Engagement Systems, or CARES, is a small and adventurous group of geographic information specialists, programmers, and data nerds. We love making maps, developing new data visualizations, and helping individuals and organizations figure out ways to do their work better. While many of our current projects are focused on health, over the past 29 years we’ve been collected, analyzed, and visualized data related to the environment, agriculture, safety, education, and the economy. We appreciate and understand the challenges and opportunities related to data collection and analysis in rural America. We seek to partner with like-minded organizations, build tools, and find data that supports positive population change.
Learn more about CARES and its projects here.
Meet the experts
- Chris Barnett DIRECTOR OF CARES
- Angela Johnson ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, CARES
- Angie Stewart BUSINESS OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
- Chris Stephens GIS TECHNICIAN
- Dave Connett GIS TECHNICIAN
- David Cavins PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Jamie Kleinsorge ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, CARES
- Justin Krohn CARES RESEARCH PROJECT ANALYST
- Kevin Atherton CARES TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Melissa DeBartolomeo PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Michael Barbaro PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Michael Hardy SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST
- Yan Barnett SENIOR RESEARCH CONSULTANT
- Zhengting He RESEARCH PROJECT ANALYST