Ballard Local Government Series
John Ballard was a lifelong resident of Missouri. He attended MU, earned a master’s degree in community development in 1971, and then worked for MU Extension as a local government specialist for 21 years.
During his tenure with MU Extension, he earned statewide recognition for his vast knowledge of state, city and county politics. After he retired in 1992, he continued to play an active role in Missouri government by operating a private consulting firm, Governmental Services, through which he published a monthly newsletter for more than 300 subscribers in the state.
- DM4001, Rules for Missouri Townships (11/2007)
- DM4002, Rules for Missouri Fire Protection Districts (5/2020)
- DM4003, Rules for Missouri Fourth-Class Cities (11/2008)
- DM4004, Rules for Missouri Ambulance Districts (7/2020)
- DM4010, Missouri’s Third Class County Budget Trend Analysis: Workbook User’s Manual (6/2016)
- DM4011, Missouri’s Third Class County Budget Trend Analysis (1/2019)
- DM4012, Population Change and Fiscal Stress in Missouri’s Third Class Counties (10/2019)
- DM4013, Third Class County Population Change and Budget Fiscal Ratios (6/2020)