Urban West Region
Instructions for your appointment
Please bring your photo ID and Social Security cards for everyone listed on the tax return. These are required to verify ID — we cannot start your tax return without them. You will also need to provide birth dates for everyone in the household. An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted if you do not have a Social Security number
Please bring any documents that are necessary to complete an accurate tax return. If you aren't sure what to include, please review the IRS intake interview worksheet. Your submission might include:
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc, SSA-1099)
- Documentation of self-employment income
- Unemployment compensation (Form 1099G)
- An SSI award letter for the year, if you are disabled.
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- If you received advance Child Tax Credit payments last year, please bring Letter 6419. The IRS will mail these letters out in January 2022. Read more about the Child Tax Credit.
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Forms 1095-A Health Coverage Statements if you received Marketplace Insurance
- Documentation of expenses: charitable contributions, daycare, education, student loan interest, medical or dental costs, tax receipts
- Missouri residents who qualify for the rent rebate (65+ or disabled) should ask their landlord to complete and sign Form 5674 - Verification of Rent Paid
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit
Other forms you may be asked to complete include consent to e-file your tax return. If you are married-filing-jointly, both spouses must sign the required forms.
Thank you for participating in the tax assistance program. Please keep in mind that our services depend on volunteer availability. We appreciate your patience and look forward to working with you!