Investing in Osher@Mizzou
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation in support of Osher@Mizzou's future. Donations help our organization better serve its membership, keep fees affordable and solidify the future of Osher's programming and mission.
It's easy to support Osher@Mizzou!
- Pick a donation level. Any one-time gift above $10 qualifies you as a Friend of Osher. Move up to the $500 level to join the Osher Advocates.
- Give online. Online giving generally takes less than five minutes. Once you click the DONATE button, you will type in the donation amount as well as your contact information and credit card information on MU's secure system. There's also an option to set up monthly automatic donations.
- Give by mail. Mail your check, payable to "University of Missouri," to
c/o MU Extension and Engagement Advancement 109 Whitten Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
In the MEMO field, please indicate that your gift is for Osher@Mizzou. If it is a tribute, please specify the name of the person you'd like to honor.
- Give in other ways. If you are interested in contributing in other, even more substantial or specific ways, such as creating an endowed lecture series or another endowed program, we would love to meet with you to explore ideas.
Make charitable contributions from your IRA
For those aged 70-1/2 or older, it is possible to make tax-favored charitable gifts from traditional and Roth IRA accounts. A total of up to $100,000 can be transferred directly from traditional or Roth IRAs to one or more qualified charities, such as the University of Missouri, free from federal income tax each year.
There may also be state income tax savings. Amounts given in this way count toward required IRA minimum withdrawal amounts for the year of the gift.
If you are ready to make a charitable IRA rollover to Osher@Mizzou:
- Contact your IRA provider as soon as possible to initiate the rollover.
- Contact the MU Office of Gift Planning and Endowments to alert the university to receive the rollover.
Call 1-800-970-9977 or email [email protected].