The Osher@Mizzou program runs smoothly thanks, in great part, to the many Osher members who take classes each year and volunteer their time and energy.
There are many ways you can be a part of the Osher program:
Register for classes
Join Osher and take part in thoughtful interactions about topics of interest to you. The Osher program also creates opportunities for socializing, networking and meeting interesting people. So what are you waiting for?
Teach a class
Please consider sharing your expertise and knowledge with Osher learners. When you teach for Osher, you contribute to a thriving lifelong learning program which benefits mid-Missouri adults age 50+. Volunteer your time and share your passion for teaching with adults who have a passion for learning.
- Fall and spring semesters last eight weeks. Winter and summer semesters last four weeks.
- Most class sessions are 90 minutes in length.
- You can teach a course for the full semester or half the semester.
- If you only want to teach a single, 90-minute session, you can join others in a topical series with a different speaker each session; be part of the Friday Brown Bag Lunch Series; or, if appropriate, present for the Friday Potpourri of the Arts.
- If interested, please submit a course proposal form.
- To submit a proposal, please be ready to provide the following information:
- Your name, email, phone number and address
- The name of the course you would like to teach
- Three days/time slots you are available to teach (Monday through Friday)
- A brief description of the course (200 words or fewer)
- A brief bio (75 words or fewer)
Serve on a committee
Osher is a program that thrives thanks to the devoted work of the Advisory Council and standing committees. Committees meet monthly, usually 10 months out of the year.
- Advisory Council: Gloria Crull, Chair (applicants must be current Premium members)
- Development Committee: Nancy Griggs, Chair
- Finance Committee: Mark Dickenson, Chair
- Outreach Committee: Marilou Oliver, Chair
- Program Committee: Nancy Griggs and Barbara Schneider, Co-chairs
- Volunteer Committee: Frank Green, Chair