Growing Agribusiness Sustainably
The singular goal of Agriculture and Environment Extension at the University of Missouri is to double the value of Missouri agriculture by 2030 while sustaining the state's natural resources. It's a big goal we take very seriously.
Our goal requires a new way of thinking about agriculture and entrepreneurship. It will generate new products, new partnerships and new business models.
Two critical initiatives provide directive for our goal. First, the Show-Me-State Food, Beverage, and Forest Products Manufacturing study shows how Missouri can add $70 billion in value to the products from our farms and forests. Second, the Workforce Needs Assessment outlines current employment and the human capital needed to create new agri- and food-businesses.
In the summer of 2020, the University of Missouri created the Small Business Development Center for Agriculture, Food and Forestry to foster these efforts.
Interested in growing your agriculture business? MU Extension is here to help businesses across all 114 counties. Explore these pages to discover the ways MU Extension can help you take part in our goal of doubling agriculture by 2030 while sustaining natural resources - #2xAg2030.
Meet the experts
- Ashley Craft EXTENSION COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGIST
- Denice Ferguson FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Joe Horner EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Katie Neuner FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Mallory Rahe ASST EXT PROFESSOR, REG ECON DEV COORD, AND ED DIR FOR AG BUSN AND POLICY PROGRAM
- Mark White ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR & INTERIM DIRECTOR OF EXCEED
- Rachel Hopkins COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Rob Kallenbach ASSOCIATE DEAN OF EXTENSION/SENIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR OF AGRICULTURE & ENVIRONMENT EXTENSION
- Ryan Milhollin PROF, AST EXTNS
- Sarah Havens FIELD SPECIALIST IN NATURAL RESOURCES
- Scott Brown ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR
- Wesley Tucker FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS