Growing Agribusiness Sustainably
The singular goal of Agriculture and Environment Extension at the University of Missouri is to double the value of Missouri agriculture by 2030 while sustaining the state's natural resources. It's a big goal we take very seriously.
Our goal requires a new way of thinking about agriculture and entrepreneurship. It will generate new products, new partnerships and new business models.
Two critical initiatives provide directive for our goal. First, the Show-Me-State Food, Beverage, and Forest Products Manufacturing study shows how Missouri can add $70 billion in value to the products from our farms and forests. Second, the Workforce Needs Assessment outlines current employment and the human capital needed to create new agri- and food-businesses.
In the summer of 2020, the University of Missouri created the Small Business Development Center for Agriculture, Food and Forestry to foster these efforts, this effort has evolved and is now known as the Missouri Agriculture, Food and Forestry Innovation Center (MAFFIC).
Interested in growing your agriculture business? MU Extension is here to help businesses across all 114 counties. Explore these pages to discover the ways MU Extension can help you take part in our goal of doubling agriculture by 2030 while sustaining natural resources - #2xAg2030.
Meet the experts
- Scott Brown ASSOC. EXT. PROF.
- Lakshmikantha Channaiah ASST. PROFESSOR & STATE EXT. SPECIALIST, FOOD PROCESSING
- Denice Ferguson FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Joe Horner EXT. SPECIALIST
- Rob Kallenbach ASSOCIATE DEAN OF EXTENSION/SENIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR OF AGRICULTURE & ENVIRONMENT EXTENSION
- Justin Keay FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Debi Kelly FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Ryan Milhollin ASST. EXT. PROF., AGRIBUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Katie Neuner FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Mallory Rahe ASSOC EXTENSION PROFESSOR AND EDUCATIONAL DIRECTOR FOR AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS AND POLICY EXTENSION
- Alice Roach SR. RESEARCH ASSOC., DASS AND AG BUSINESS & POLICY EXT.
- Wesley Tucker FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS