Use these MU Extension publications for help with adjusting to divorce, developing a parenting plan, co-parenting and more.
Focus on Kids
Parents who are divorcing or separating face unique challenges in parenting their children while living apart. The purpose of the Focus on Kids (FOK) program is to help parents learn how to nurture and support their children through the divorce/separation process, and to help parents develop ways to effectively work together as co-parents.
Conducted in cooperation with Missouri’s circuit courts, the Focus on Kids program satisfies the Missouri law that requires parents who are divorcing and creating or modifying a custody order to complete an educational parenting program. It is important to check with the court in the county in which your case is filed to see if Focus on Kids is an option for you, and to find out which class format meets the necessary requirements.
Meet the experts
- Robert McNary COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- Dave Hileman INSTRUCTOR, EXTNS
- Jessica Trussell FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Jeremiah Terrell FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Kyleigh Sullivan FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Katie Buchs Pemberton FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Cathy Galland COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- James Monk ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY SCIENCE