The University of Missouri Extension Center in Cedar County brings you links to forage sellers and buyers throughout the country.
Missouri Ag Market News Reports — Scroll down to Hay/Forages section for current selling prices for hay in Missouri
State hay markets, listed alphabetically:
- Arkansas Hay Producers Database
- Illinois Hay and Straw Directory
- Iowa Hay and Straw Directory — Or call 515-281-5321
- Kentucky Hay Sales
- Michigan Hay Sellers Listings
- Missouri Hay Directory
- Nebraska Hay and Forage Hotline
- North Carolina Hay Alert
- Southeastern North Carolina Hay Directory (PDF) — From NC State University Cooperative Extension
- Texas Hay Hotline — Or call 877-429-1998
- Upper Midwest Haylist — For Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and South Dakota
- Hay For Sale Ads — A commercial site to post free ads to sell hay, find hay bales for sale near you, register for hay alerts, and search by state. Includes a hay spoilage calculator.
- Internet Hay Exchange — A commercial site with free listings of hay buyers and sellers by state and county throughout the U.S.
- The Hay Barn — A commercial classified ad site to help you locate hay buyers and sellers throughout the U.S.
Imported fire ants
Note: Producers bringing hay in from southern states should be certain the hay is USDA-certified free of fire ants.
- CAFNR News: Beware: Fire Ants
- Out-of-state hay may harbor red imported fire ants
- Imported Fire Ant Quarantine Area Map
- Red Imported Fire Ants — An MU Extension Youtube video
- Imported Fire Ants — eXtension's one-stop educational site on killing fire ants and eliminating problems they cause