Show Me Nutrition Curriculum
The following abstract describes a curriculum that is only available for purchase. Questions? Contact Sarah Wood.
Show Me Nutrition is a sequential nutrition curriculum set that teaches youths from preschool through junior high how to have a healthy lifestyle while reinforcing behaviors that promote a healthy weight. It supports both the State of Missouri's Show-Me educational standards for health and physical education and Missouri's School Wellness Policy.
The Show Me Nutrition set also supports grade-level expectations for math and communication arts, as appropriate. Each of the nine curricula comprising the Show Me Nutrition sequence teaches several important health themes, such as nutrition, food safety, physical activity, how media may influence nutrition and body image. Age-appropriate content, activities and handouts make learning about healthy eating fun for students in all grade levels. The set is designed for continuity and includes:
- Pre-kindergarten Curriculum: Let's Read About Healthy Eating, Third Edition
- Kindergarten Curriculum: Adventures in Nutrition With the Show Me Chef, Fourth Edition
- First Grade Curriculum: Fun With Food and Fitness, Fourth Edition
- Second Grade Curriculum: Food Group Express, Fourth Edition
- Third Grade Curriculum: Building MyBody, Fifth Edition
- Fourth Grade Curriculum: Choosing Foods for Me, Fifth Edition
- Fifth Grade Curriculum: Exploring the Food Groups, Fifth Edition
- Seventh and Eighth Grade Curriculum: Choices and Challenges, Fifth Edition
The preschool through fifth grade curricula include family newsletters that help family members and caregivers support learning from each grade level. Each curriculum includes handouts to reinforce lesson content with families and caregivers.