Management of Soft Red Winter Wheat
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available as downloadable PDFs by section.
- Cover and table of contents
- Introduction to wheat management
- Fertility management
- Weed management
- Winter wheat diseases and their management
- Insect pests of Missouri wheat
- Wheat harvest, drying and storage
- Wheat economics
- Aphids in Missouri wheat and Soft red wheat integrated crop and pest management schedule
Since 1970, Missouri has ranked consistently among the top five states in production of soft red winter wheat. Management of Soft Red Winter Wheat provides Missouri wheat growers with information needed for timely and accurate decisions in crop and pest management. MU Extension specialists provide research-based recommendations in all aspects of wheat production. The publication provides an introduction to fertility management and key agronomic considerations such as variety selection and planting dates, rates and depth. Densely illustrated sections cover identification and management of weeds, diseases and insects in Missouri wheat production. This publication is part of a series of Integrated Pest Management manuals prepared by the MU Plant Protection Programs.
- Storage of wheat
- Estimating net income from wheat production.