E3A Understanding Energy: Green Building Programs for High Performance and Energy Efficiency
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available as a PDF via the “Download this publication” button.
Developed by Montana State University Extension and the University of Wyoming
Adapted with permission
This guide is one in the Exploring Energy Efficiency and Alternatives (E3A): Understanding Energy series. This one lists numerous green building programs that can help you see the value of not only the purchase price, or first price tag, of a building but also the second price tag, the operation and maintenance costs.
- Earth Advantage Institute
- Environments for Living
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) National Green Building Stand
- The Passive House Institute, U.S. (PHIUS)
- Renewable energy design strategies
- State and local programs
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Energy Star Program
- U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program