MU Family Impact Center
At the MU Family Impact Center, we aim to provide lifelong education that will help our community’s residents improve their quality of life.
- We welcome participants from anywhere in the mid-Missouri area.
- We offer numerous programs in one place in order to bring the knowledge, research and resources from the University of Missouri into the community.
- Our FREE programs cover a wide range of needs, including tax assistance, family support, medical care and even summer camps that are geared towards youth excellence & college preparation.
Subscribe to the Youth Development from the Zou newsletter
Sign up to receive this quarterly newsletter to receive information on how to build capacity with youth development. You’ll also receive opportunities for youth to get involved with youth-focused events and opportunities from community partners.
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
News & articles
- Published: Monday, April 12, 2021
COLUMBIA, Mo. – March 2020 would have been the fifth year of Camp CaPow—College Access-Planning Our Way. Held at the University of Missouri’s Family Impact Center in Columbia, Camp CaPow is a weeklong opportunity for middle school students to ...
- Published: Monday, March 12, 2018
COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri alumni Alyssa Roost, BHS ’16, and Matt Praiswater, BS ’15, met in 2016 when they worked as interns for Camp Ca-Pow (College Access-Planning Our Way), a program that helps middle school students explore ...
- Published: Friday, April 14, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – A State Farm Insurance Co. donation of $128,000 presented April 13 includes support for several University of Missouri Extension programs:• A $54,000 gift to MU Extension’s Fire and Rescue Training Institute will fund essential ...