Community Arts Program
The Community Arts Program is a three-way partnership between MU Extension, the University of Missouri, and Missouri communities to promote and foster arts-based community and economic development.
The arts have an important role to play in building bridges, creating a sense of community belonging, providing platforms for deep reflection, and developing creative skills transferable to the workplace. As an economic force, the arts also play a large role in Missouri’s economy. Through planning, programming, and research across these various aspects, we help communities develop thriving, vital places where Missourians can live, work, and play.
We do this by:
- Providing arts consultation for individuals, organizations and municipalities
- Arts advocacy at local, regional, and state levels
- Community arts educational resource development
- Integrating the latest arts research in community development practices
- Connecting key arts players statewide and regionally