East Central MO
Urban East MO
Urban West MO
West Central MO
Johnson County Master Gardeners
The Master Gardeners of Johnson County Missouri are trained individuals who enjoy learning and sharing their expertise with others. Our gardening backgrounds range from hobbyist to professional, from beginner to expert, from young adult to senior citizen. The common bond is a love of gardening, learning and sharing.
We are involved in a diverse collection of community projects and one-on-one consultations such as:
- Johnson County Historical Courthouse Square, Warrensburg
- Blind Boone Park, Warrensburg
- Community Rose Garden, Warrensburg
- Lions Lake Micro Garden, Warrensburg
- Vest Drive Garden, Warrensburg
- Highway 50/Business 50 intersection garden, Warrensburg
- Trails Regional Library planters, Warrensburg
- Turkey Foot Prairie, Warrensburg
- Powell Gardens, Kingsville
- Ronald McDonald House, Kansas City, MO
- Monthly gardening articles in the Warrensburg Daily Star Journal
- Personal gardening consultations
- Gardening presentations to organizations
- Youth and senior citizen gardening projects
To become a Master Gardener, call the Johnson County Extension Office at 660-747-3193 for details on upcoming training.
At the heart of the Missouri Master Gardener program is our volunteers. Volunteers assist the University of Missouri Extension Service personnel to extend the educational arm of the university to the public by providing horticultural information based on university research and recommendations.
In other words, the Missouri Master Gardener program is a place for volunteers to have a fun, educational experience while serving the community in which they live while doing what they love.
Come and join us!
We meet at 6:15 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month (exceptions: third Thursday in November and no meeting in December) at the Grover Park Baptist Church Family Life Center, 409 N. Mitchell, Warrensburg. The meeting is open to all Master Gardeners. Meetings usually adjourn around 8:30 p.m. Please contact the Extension office about information on joining.
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
News & articles
- Published: Friday, Dec. 15, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Submitting soil samples to your local University of Missouri Extension center is easy, says Manjula Nathan, director of the MU Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory.Now is the best time of the year to submit samples to the accredited ...
- Published: Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The summer they were married, Dan and Earlene Britton received a cutting from a Christmas cactus belonging to Earlene’s grandmother Naomi Ingrum. Thirty-six years later, the Brittons and the cactus continue to do well in spite of ...
- Published: Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The term “winterize” is associated more with automobiles than garden plants, but just as motorists want their cars to withstand the rigors of winter, gardeners can take steps to help their fragile plants do the same.Most of our ...