Building Sustainable Farms, Ranches and Communities
The following abstract describes a publication that is available as a PDF. A link to downloading is on this page.
This guide lists funding opportunities offered by federal programs in supporting agricultural and forestry innovations. Specifically, it addresses program resources in community development; sustainable land management; and value-added and diversified agriculture and forestry. It can help farmers, entrepreneurs, community developers, conservationists, and many other individuals, as well as private and public organizations, both for-profit and not-for-profit. The guide is a collaborative publication from USDA’s Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program, the Michael Fields Agricultural Institute (MFAI), National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT), and National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC).
- Economic development for farms, businesses and communities
- Farm loans
- Insurance and risk management
- Local food systems, value-added and marketing innovations
- Natural resources conservation and management
- Nutrition and consumer food access
- Renewable energy and energy conservation
- Research and outreach