Show Me Simple and Healthy Recipes — Personal Snack Pizzas
The following abstract describes a publication that is available as a downloadable PDF. It is also available printed as part of the NC1 Show Me Simple and Healthy Recipes set
Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
Recipe contains refrigerator biscuits, tomato sauce or pizza sauce, oregano, onion and cheese.
- Can quickly be prepared in either 15 or 30 minutes.
- Use low-cost, readily available ingredients.
- Need few ingredients, usually less than 10.
- Use precise and simple measurements.
- Are easy-to-read with clear and few instructions.
- Include appropriate food safety precautions and/or cooking temperature recommendations.
- Contain nutrition analysis (Note: When more than one ingredient option is listed, the nutrition analysis uses the first ingredient listed. Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrition analysis.)
- Have been tested.
- Can be used in nutrition education programs and are appropriate for use when teaching the U.S. Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- 15 minute
- 30 minute
- Dietary guidelines
- Nutrition education