E3A Biodiesel: Consumer Issues
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available as a PDF via the “Download this publication” button.
Developed by Montana State University Extension and the University of Wyoming
Adapted with permission
This guide is one in the Exploring Energy Efficiency and Alternatives (E3A): Biodiesel Applications for the Home, Farm or Ranch series. This one describes biodiesel, explains how it differs from vegetable oil, and answers several questions relating to its use.
- Biodiesel blends: B2, B5, B20 and B100
- Biodiesel compared to vegetable oil
- Cold-weather properties of biodiesel
- Cost and availability of biodiesel
- Energy in biodiesel
- Engine modifications, damage and warranty
- Environmental benefits
- Taxes on biodiesel