Application postmarked by July 6
- For currently enrolled Missouri 4-H members, ages 14 to 18 (as of January 1 of current program year)
- Must have been a Missouri 4-H member for at least one year
- Must be willing to give at least one year after the awarding of the saddle to enhance the local, multi-county and/or regional 4-H program efforts
- Complete the Y2200 - Missouri 4-H Recognition Form Ages 14-18 Level 3 (PDF) available at the County Extension Centers
- Complete the MFA 4-H Saddle Essay Questions listed below
- Acquire all required signatures before submission
- For the essay questions:
- Please use a font no smaller than 12 point
- Use plain white 8 " x 11" paper
- Allow 1" margins at the top, bottom and both sides
- Type on one-side of the sheet of paper only
- Double-space written answers
- The essay section should be no more than two pages total
Submit the following information in a folder or a binder. Do not include any additional information or materials.
- Y2200 - Missouri 4-H Recognition Form Ages 14-18 Level 3 (PDF)
- MFA Saddle Essay Questions (two pages total)
- Describe your growth in knowledge and skills in horsemanship and horse science during your involvement in the 4-H Horse Program.
- How has your involvement in the 4-H Horse Program helped you develop leadership skills? Provide specific examples of applying what you have learned in the 4-H Horse Program to leadership?
- How has your involvement in the 4-H Horse Program helped you to better your community, help others or enhance your citizenship participation beyond your project or local club?
- How has the knowledge and skills learned in the 4-H Horse Program helped you prepare for your future education or career?
Applications must be postmarked by July 6 and submitted to: MFA Saddle Award, State 4-H Office, 1110 S College Ave, Columbia, MO 65211.