Application deadline — July 1
- For currently enrolled Missouri 4-H members, ages 14 to 18 (as of January 1 of current program year)
- Must have been a Missouri 4-H member for at least one year
- Must be willing to give at least one year after the awarding of the saddle to enhance the local, multi-county and/or regional 4-H program efforts
- Eligible youth may apply online.
- Complete the Y2200 - Missouri 4-H Recognition Form Ages 14-18 Level 3 (PDF) prior to accessing the online application and save as a Word Doc or PDF to upload.
- Complete the contact information and MFA Saddle Award Essay Questions within the online form.
MFA Essay questions include:
- Describe your growth in knowledge and skills in horsemanship and horse science during your involvement in the 4-H Horse Program.
- How has your involvement in the 4-H Horse Program helped you develop leadership skills? Provide specific examples of applying what you have learned in the 4-H Horse Program to leadership?
- How has your involvement in the 4-H Horse Program helped you to better your community, help others or enhance your citizenship participation beyond your project or local club?
- How has the knowledge and skills learned in the 4-H Horse Program helped you prepare for your future education or career?
Applications must be submitted by July 1.