Missouri 4-H Crop Scouting
State 4-H Crop Scouting Event
Tuesday, July 19, 2022
Bradford Farm, Columbia, Mo.
Registration: Opens in 4-H Online June 1 to July 1. Youth and volunteers planning to attend must register in 4-H Online.
Age divisions are intermediate (ages 11-13) and senior (ages 14-18).
Cost: $25 per youth. No cost for volunteers.
Schedule for the day:
7:30–8:00 AM — Check In
8:00–8:15 AM — Welcome
8:15–9:00 AM — Educational Session with State Extension Specialists
9:15 AM–12:45 PM — Stations
12:45 PM — Lunch
1:30 PM — Soil Sampling Session
2:00 PM — Awards
- Increase youth knowledge around common Missouri crops
- Raise awareness of careers in agronomy
- Foster a learning environment that creates wise consumers of agronomic knowledge and products
Outline of the event:
- Connect with MU Extension experts.
- Learn more about common Missouri crops.
- Test knowledge and skills relating to crop scouting by visiting and completing a challenge at stations focusing on insects, diseases, soybean stages, corn stages, disorders, weeds, and pesticide safety.