4-H Ag Innovators Experience
Sponsored by National 4-H Council and Bayer, the Ag Innovators Experience (AIE) helps develop critical workforce skills in young people and show that agriculture can be relevant and fun. This year’s Protect the Plate challenge explores how different technologies have transformed agriculture and how farmers, government, and consumers must continue to innovate, learn, and adopt to grow more food in a sustainable manner while focusing on food safety. The activity dives into the science behind food safety and the role crops play in food safety, especially in the solutions to feed a hungry planet.
The application period is open for 4-H members, 13-18 years old, to apply to be part of the 2024 AIE Teen Leaders Team. Twenty-one Teen Leaders will be chosen to facilitate an educational program and activity to 1,000 youth across Missouri at camps, fairs, afterschool groups, and showcase events from February 1 to July 1. To be considered for one of the three spots on the State Leadership Team, which will take part in the national training, you must complete and submit your application by Friday, November 10, 2023. Those selected to attend the national training will be notified by Monday, November 20, 2023. The application will close completely on January 3, 2024.
Applicants not chosen for 1 of the 3 State Leadership Team spots will still be considered for 1 of the remaining 18 Teen Leader positions for the program. All applicants with receive a response email regarding their acceptance into the program by January 8, 2024.
There will be a training in Columbia, MO tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 3, 2024 to teach the Teen Leaders about the educational program and how to facilitate the activities. The Teen Leaders will then have until July 1st to facilitate the program to a minimum of 50 youth through events that they schedule in their local areas.
Teen Leader requirements
- Have a positive attitude and be excited about teaching others.
- Be of age 13-18.
- • If chosen, be able to participate in a national training program January 12-14, 2024 in Champaign, IL.*
- • Attend a 1-day state training on Saturday, February 3, 2024 in Columbia, MO.
- Reach a minimum of 50 youth with the program (April 1-July 1).
- Submit minimum of 50 participant surveys.
- Submit a Teen Leader survey.
- Submit a blog article with photo.
- Maintain open communication will program leadership regarding program updates.
- Submit photos of program facilitation.
*Only top three individuals will be chosen to attend this experience.
Teen Leaders will receive
- A toolkit to conduct the Challenge Activity including materials.
- A program shirt.
- A stipend of $250 upon completion of teaching experience and fulfilling all program requirements.
- The opportunity to share the story of their experience with industry sponsors.
- Chance to growth their leadership and teaching skills.
If you wish to participate, please complete the application via the link above by January 3, 2024 (November 10, 2023 to be considered for the national training program).