Want to learn more about gardening? Do you have a passion for sharing gardening information and making your community a more beautiful place? Join us for the Extension Master Gardener (EMG) Training in Buchanan and Clinton Counties. This program’s train-the-trainer mission is sharing research-based horticulture information with the public through educational outreach.
EMG training will help you:
- Gain new horticulture knowledge and become a community resource for science-based information
- Educate adults and children about the gardening benefits
- Connect with fellow gardeners
Dates: Mondays, January 22 - May 6, 2024, 2 pm to 5 pm at the Clinton County Youth Building, 251 HWY 116, Plattsburg, MO.
Cost: $200, includes Extension Master Gardener Core Manual.
A limited number of scholarships may be available provided by your County's Extension Master Gardener chapter. If you are interested in exploring applying for a scholarship, please contact your local Extension Master Gardener chapter in your county.
- A desire to learn, work completion, and readiness to volunteer on local projects
- Attendance at all sessions is essential. Only 3 absences are allowed and must be made up
- Class projects are required and will help you learn how to teach gardening to others
- Following graduation, complete 30 hrs in established EMG projects. This course is for those who will volunteer with the local chapter.
- Min. age = 16 yrs
- Horticulture knowledge and skills are not a prerequisite
Complete the application included in the next step of the registration process, due January 15th. Notification of acceptance in the program will be via email the third week of January.
Learn more about the EMG Program:
General info: https://extension.missouri.edu/programs/master-gardener
Questions: Todd Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinton County Extension Council