Randolph County EXCEL
EXCEL is an acronym for “Experience in Community Enterprise and Leadership Development.” EXCEL is a statewide program sponsored by University of Missouri Extension designed to assist in the development of community leadership skills that will help you improve your community both economically and socially. Our goal is to prepare you to effectively deal with the issues and concerns – present and future – of your community.
EXCEL was founded in Randolph County, Missouri in 1984 by local Extension Division agents working with Ron Poore, then president of City Bank & Trust Company, which today is part of the Central Trust system. After a successful launch, EXCEL was taken statewide by MU and now operates in about one-quarter of all Missouri counties. Its model has been cloned by many communities and operates as a Leadership Development program.
Randolph County EXCEL, Inc. is open to all persons living or working in Randolph County. The program operates out of the University Extension Office located in Moberly, MO.
2022-23 EXCEL class after escape room
outing at Breakout COMO.
EXCEL provides opportunities...
- To develop as a leader with an understanding of cultural values and their impact upon people of Randolph County.
- To cultivate leadership skills in such areas as public speaking, chairing a group, and preparing and presenting reports, etc.
- To enhance skills in facilitating group decisions by formation of effective questions, sharing information, proposing tasks, etc.
- To analyze and describe current economic, political and social situations in the Randolph County area.
- To identify and understand various internal and external forces that affect community conditions in Randolph County.
- To develop a network of people with common interests within the community.
- To join the pool of well-informed people capable of assuming further leadership responsibilities in the Randolph County area.
- Dawn Perkins, President
- Kevin Brown, Vice-President
- Joan Snodgrass, Secretary
- Lori Bruner, Treasurer
- Rachael Grime
- Todd Martin
- Shirley Olney
- Johanna Reed-Adams
- Mary West-Calcagno
- Elizabeth Anderson, ad hoc
Randolph County EXCEL, Inc.
University of Missouri Extension
509 West Reed Street
Moberly, MO 65270