4-H Youth Futures
What is Youth Futures?
Youth Futures is a year-round, extensive college preparedness mentoring program for youth who want to know…
- What should I do now to be prepared for college?
- What is college going to be all about?
- How do I apply for and receive financial aid for college?
- How do I select a college environment that is correct for me?
- How do I connect with a new community?
- How do I choose a major?
- Who will be there to help me?
Here's a peek at what you'll experience in the program…
- Scholarship opportunities
- Indoor challenge activities
- How to transition from high school to college
- Campus tours
- College student panel session
- College expectations
- Enrollment procedures
- 4-day overnight conference on the MU campus
- Financial aid information
- Study and test-taking tips
- Social events
- Speaker/recognition ceremony
- How to choose the best college for you
- Youth Leader opportunities
- And LOTS MORE!
Are you ready?
If these criteria apply, you are ready for Youth Futures!
- You must be a current middle or high school student.
- You are a first-generation college student.
- You want help understanding the process of applying to and being admitted to college and being successful in college.
For more information, call your local University of Missouri Extension office.