4-H Youth Futures
What is Youth Futures?
Youth Futures is a year-round, extensive college preparedness mentoring program for youth who want to know…
- What should I do now to be prepared for college?
- What is college going to be all about?
- How do I apply for and receive financial aid for college?
- How do I select a college environment that is correct for me?
- How do I connect with a new community?
- How do I choose a major?
- Who will be there to help me?
Here's a peek at what you'll experience in the program…
- Scholarship opportunities
- Indoor challenge activities
- How to transition from high school to college
- Campus tours
- College student panel session
- College expectations
- Enrollment procedures
- 4-day overnight conference on the MU campus
- Financial aid information
- Study and test-taking tips
- Social events
- Speaker/recognition ceremony
- How to choose the best college for you
- Youth Leader opportunities
- And LOTS MORE!
Are you ready?
If these criteria apply, you are ready for Youth Futures!
- You must be a current middle or high school student.
- You are a first-generation college student.
- You want help understanding the process of applying to and being admitted to college and being successful in college.
For more information, call your local University of Missouri Extension office or contact Isha Williams