Cole County 4-H clubs are open to ages 8 to 18. Clubs meet monthly for group activities and club business. Each club elects officers and has an approved adult leader who supervises club activities. Club members also enroll in projects in their areas of interest.
With projects on more than 75 topics, 4-H has something to interest every child. Here are just a few of the opportunities 4-H offers — geocaching, robotics, international exchanges, horsemanship, pets, starting a business, arts and crafts, raising animals, woodworking, photography and gardening.
Use these lists to find a club near you. Please contact us before attending your first meeting as the clubs may have altered the meeting date or have a special event planned in place of the regular meeting. If one of these clubs does not suit your needs, talk to us about starting a new club.
Traditional 4-H Community Clubs:
- Ambassadors 4-H Club – meets on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 1:00pm. We are usually at the Cole County Extension office, but we do take field trips. Follow our Facebook page Cole County Ambassadors 4-H Club or email Amy Bax at [email protected] for meeting information. Open to all youth aged 8-18.
- Brazito Eager Elves 4-H Club – Meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Monday at the Brazito Lions Club, Brazito.
- Clover Crusaders 4-H Club – Meeting time & location varies. Contact the club at [email protected].
- Jefferson City 4-H Club – Meets at 1:00 p.m. on the second Sunday at Grace Lutheran, Holts Summit.
- Osage Bend Clover Leafs 4-H Club – Meets at 10:00 a.m. on the first Sunday at St. Margaret Church Hall, Osage Bend.
- Stringtown-Corinth 4-H Club (Russellville/Lohman area) – Meets at 7 p.m. on the first Thursday at St. John's Church Hall, Lohman.
- St. Martins 4-H Club – Meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday at St. Martins Knights of Columbus (537 Hwy T). Check out their Facebook page.
- St. Thomas 4-H Club – Meets at 11:15 a.m. on the third Sunday at St. Thomas Knights of Columbus Hall, St. Thomas.
- Taos Clovers 4-H Club – Meets at 10:00 a.m. on the second Sunday at the Taos Knights of Columbus. Check out their Facebook page.
- Wardsville 4-H Club – Meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday at the Wardsville Lions Club. Check out their Facebook page.
- Cole County Clover Kids – meet on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 2:00pm. We are usually at the Cole County Extension office, but we do take field trips. Follow our Facebook page Cole County Clover Kids or email Amy Bax at [email protected] for meeting information. Open to all youth aged 5-7.
Special Interest Groups:
- Horse Judging 4-H SPIN Club (county-wide horse knowledge group) – Meets at 3:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Sunday (January-February) at the Cole County Extension Center, Jefferson City. Focus is on preparation for the Horse Judging Contest in February. Check out their Facebook page.
- Horse Knowledge 4-H SPIN Club (county-wide horse knowledge group) – Meets at 3:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Sunday (January-April) at the Cole County Extension Center, Jefferson City. Focus is on preparation for the Horse Bowl and Hippology Contests in April. Check out their Facebook page.
- Interstate Teen Exchange – Be sure to check the monthly calendar for future meeting dates. Membership is open to all 4-H members in Cole and Osage counties ages 12 and up. Members plan community service, leadership and social activities with the help of their adult sponsors. Members travel to another state (selected by the members) and learn about 4-H in the community of the host families. Then those members travel to Missouri and are hosted by our Teen Exchange families. Past activities have included sponsoring a lock-in, mystery dinner theater, assisting with the development of a local park and assisting with the military support group. You will want to join the National 4-H Interstate Exchange Database Facebook page which has been created to connect states' exchange programs. The page is a closed group and permission to join the group will have to be requested from page organizers.
- Mid-MO Waggers 4-H SPIN Club – Join a fun group of people as they work with their dogs on tricks, obedience and fun activities. Whether you want to perform or just have fun in class, this is a great energy burner for your dog and social time for both you and your dog. Watch for the next session of this club to open.
- Tri-County Teens – Watch for more information on this evolving group for 4-H members ages 13-18.