East Central MO
Urban East MO
Urban West MO
West Central MO
The Clinton County Master Gardeners meet the third Tuesday of the month at the Clinton County Youth building, 251 E. 116 Highway, Plattsburg, MO.
Master Gardeners are trained volunteers who provide research-based information and organize gardening projects in the community. For more information about the Master Gardener programs in Clinton County, please call the Clinton County Extension Office at 816-933-2138, Monday thru Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or email [email protected].
Officer duties and responsibilities
President: In conjunction with the Master Gardener Coordinator, will call all general meetings, set the agenda and notify the membership in due time.
- Will chair all general meetings and executive council meetings.
- Will serve as president pro-tem in the absence of the president
- Will keep track of designated activities and service projects of the organization.
- Will take the minutes and attendance at all general meetings and Executive Council meetings. All minutes and attendance will be open to all members and the Master Gardener Coordinator at all times.
- Will keep a current roster of membership.
- Will see that official correspondence of the organization is issued in a timely manner.
- Will receive and disburse the funds of the organization and keep the records of all transactions. All funds received by the organization shall be deposited in the Master Gardener Account of the Clinton County Extension Office. All withdrawals from such account shall be made only after the approval of a simple majority of the members present at a general meeting.
- Will present a financial report at each business meeting of the general membership and the Executive Council.
Duties of this committee are to identify and coordinate what projects the MGs are to be involved in.
Duties of this committee are to schedule educational programs for the MGs. Examples: speakers at regular meetings or field trips.
Duties of this committee are to schedule any social events for MGs. Example: meetings outside of the normal time and place.
Fund Raising Committee
Duties of this committee are to schedule any money making projects for the MGs.
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Jan. 22, 2024 - May 6, 2024
Want to learn more about gardening? Do you have a passion for sharing gardening information and making your community a more beautiful place? Join us for the Extension Master Gardener (EMG) Training in Buchanan and Clinton Counties. This program’s ...
News & articles
- Published: Friday, Dec. 15, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Submitting soil samples to your local University of Missouri Extension center is easy, says Manjula Nathan, director of the MU Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory.Now is the best time of the year to submit samples to the accredited ...
- Published: Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The summer they were married, Dan and Earlene Britton received a cutting from a Christmas cactus belonging to Earlene’s grandmother Naomi Ingrum. Thirty-six years later, the Brittons and the cactus continue to do well in spite of ...
- Published: Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The term “winterize” is associated more with automobiles than garden plants, but just as motorists want their cars to withstand the rigors of winter, gardeners can take steps to help their fragile plants do the same.Most of our ...
Missouri Master Gardener Online Core Training - Sp2024
Jan. 14, 2024 - June 1, 2024
The Missouri Master Gardener Core Manual is available online to download or purchase. The motto of the Missouri Master Gardener Extension Program is “helping others learn to grow.” This is accomplished by providing in-depth horticultural ...