Here are some of the workshops we provide to help get you started with your farming venture. To learn more about any of these opportunities, contact us by email or call 573-884-1268.
ABCs of USDA Programs
- One-day workshop promoting USDA programs in partnership with Missouri State USDA offices.
Grow Your Farm Classes
- Eight-week course that meets one evening a week, plus farm tours.
Selling Local Foods Workshops
- MU Extension curriculum that includes Introduction to Selling Local, Customer Service, Food Safety, Restaurants, Institutions, Produce Auctions, Farmers’ Markets, Wholesale, Grocery Stores, Community Supported Agriculture and Agritourism.
Farmer Learning Circles
- Small groups of beginning farmers with like interests will learn details about specific topics, such as pastured poultry, farm safety, high tunnel production, farm financial benchmarking and natural resource management.
Farm Walk Abouts
- These informal, family-oriented, get-to-know-you farm tours will share strategies and techniques to become economically viable.
- Hands-on tailored activities to connect learning experiences to real-world examples by planning, planting, growing, harvesting and marketing crops alongside the Farm Coordinator mentor.
- Personalized information, action steps and other support to help farmers with disabilities gain better access to services.
BIA-MO Professional Outreach
- Education for rehabilitation, vocational and agriculture professionals to assist survivors of brain injury in being successful in farming.