Missouri Beginning Farmers and Ranchers
Blend Experiential Learning to Grow Your Farm
Missouri beginning farmers program is a new pilot of training workshops, educational classes, internships and customized one-on-one technical assistance. The goal is to provide information and to assist those who are interested in farming.
While starting a new farm can be a daunting endeavor, the good news is there are more resources than ever before to assist you with developing a successful farming business. Take advantage of the information, resources, courses and government programs available to you.
This program is supported by funds from the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program (BFRDP) grant through the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture under sponsored project number 2018-70017-28578.
Meet the experts
- Kendra Graham FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Travis Harper FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Brenda Schreck COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK AND 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- Debi Kelly FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Elizabeth Picking FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Joni Harper COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Karen Funkenbusch INSTRUCTOR, EXTNS
- Rachel Hopkins COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Rebecca Mott ASSISTANT TEACHING PROFESSOR AGRICULTURE EDUCATION AND LEADERSHIP
- Shirin Ghatrehsamani FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING