Daycare Provider Training
Do you need credit hours for 2014? MU Extension will be offering a 4-part series to help daycare providers and foster parents receive approved training hours this fall. Mental Health First Aid is a 12-hour course that will teach providers how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. Classes will be held at White River Valley Electric Cooperative, 2449 East State Highway 76 in Branson in the community room from 6:00-9:00 p.m. Registration is $15 per session and pre-registration is required. See attached program brochure for more information and registration form.
- Session 1: Recognize the Warning Signs - Thursday, September 18, 2014, 6-9 p.m.
- Session 2: Five Step Action Plan - Thursday, October 16, 2014, 6-9 p.m.
- Session 3: Learn the Symptoms - Thursday, November 20, 2014, 6-9 p. m.
- Session 4: Suicide Warning Signs & Mental Health Resources - Thursday, December 11, 2014, 6-9 p.m.
For more information or to register, please call the Taney County MU Extension Centers at 417-546-4431.
"Brown Bag" Lunch Gardening Series
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks are presenting a series of gardening programs this summer. Programs will be held in the backyard of the Taney County MU Extension Center in Forsyth in the Master Gardener’s Native Plant Garden. Most of the programs will be held on the first Tuesday of the month April through September and will begin at noon. They will be adding two Saturday sessions this year in March and October. The Saturday classes will begin at 10 a.m. These programs are free and open to the public. Program flyer
- Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 10 a.m. - Blue Barrel Gardening
- Tuesday, April 1, 2014 - Noon - Rain Gardens and Native Plants
- Tuesday, May 6, 2014 - Noon - Container Gardens
- Tuesday, June 3, 2014 - Noon - Ideas for Herbs
- Tuesday, July 1, 2014 - Noon - Lasagna Gardening
- Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014 - Noon - Butterfly Gardening
- Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014 - Noon - Raised Bed/Winter Gardening
- Saturday, Oct. 4, 2014 - 10 a.m. - Pass Along Plants
Classes are held in the backyard of the Taney County MU Extension center at 122 Felkins Avenue in Forsyth, just down from the Taney County judicial center. For further information call the Taney County MU Extension center at 417-546-4431.