Extension Council 2015 Election
Starting on January 3, 2015, Taney county residents will have the opportunity to vote for eight new University of Missouri Extension Council members online. The online voting will open on Saturday, January 3rd and run through Sunday, January 11, 2015. The link will only be open during these dates. Any Taney county resident 18 years or older can vote by logging onto our website and clicking on the "2015 Council Election" link on the left side of the page. Districts are the same as in county commissioner elections (district map). Residents without internet access or those who would prefer a paper ballot may request one by calling the office at 417-546-4431 or visiting the Taney County Extension office at 122 Felkins Ave., Forsyth. Paper ballots must be postmarked no later that January 11, 2014. Short bios on the candidates will be available online also.
Eastern District Candidates (4 openings): Bryan Cizek - Hollister, Donna Lynn Craft - Powersite, Darin Hodges - Taneyville, Paul Kirk - Walnut Shade, Cassandra Nabena - Branson, Marcus Ramsey - Protem, James E. Strahan - Kirbyville
Western District Candidates (4 openings): Alan Banta - Branson, Jeff Holder - Point Lookout, Carol Martin - Branson, Kristopher Peters - Branson, April Smith - Branson
The Taney County MU Extension Council is the local link between the county residents and the University of Missouri. County extension councils are the governing body for the local educational opportunities provided by the University of Missouri Extension. Council members work with the extension faculty in making decisions concerning extension programs, personnel, help organize council election and the oversee local extension office finances. Extension council members are elected to serve a two-year term, and the newly elected members will take office March 1, 2015.
Free Tax Preparation- Taney County Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Sites to Open January 26
Beginning Jan 15, call 888-504-0443 to make an appointment for free tax preparation
Taney County Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites will be open according to the following schedule for 2015:
Mondays and Tuesdays, Taney County OACAC,9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., 610 S. Sixth St., Branson
Tuesdays, OTC- Hollister, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., 10698 Historic Hwy 165, Hollister
Taney County MU Extension Center, Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., 122 Felkins Avenue, Forsyth
Who can get Free Tax Preparation and the Earned Income Credit?
- Taxpayers with an AGI of $53,000 or less can get Free Tax Preparation
- Families meeting additional requirements are eligible for a credit of up to $6,044
Volunteers are not trained to do business taxes, itemized taxes or capital gains and losses. If you have any of these you should see a paid preparer.
Want your taxes prepared for FREE? Be sure to bring:
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and each of your dependent children
- Form W-2 for every job you or your spouse worked in 2014
- A personal check (for checking account and routing number), if you want your refund directly deposited
- If you have a Marketplace granted health coverage exemption, bring your exemption certificate number
- Your 2013 tax return (optional)
In 2014, did you…
- Receive unemployment compensation? Bring your Form 1099G
- Pay for child care? Bring the total you paid for child care expenses and the name, address, and Tax ID/Social Security Number of the child care provider
- Pay student loan interest? Bring the total of the student loan interest you paid
- Pay for tuition? Bring Form 1098 for you, your spouse, and/or dependent children
- Receive retirement income? Bring your 1099R
Do you need an answer?
The faculty and staff of the Taney county extension center are available to assist you with research-based information on a variety of topics. If you can't find what you are looking for on our website, give us a call at 417-546-4431 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.