Private Pesticide Applicator Training
There will be a private pesticide applicator training on Thursday, March 12, 2015 beginning at 1:00 p.m. at the Taneyville Municipal center. The training provides certification to obtain a private pesticide applicator's license and will also count for recertification requirements for the state. Must be 18 years or older to attend. The training will last 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Cost is $15 to cover the Missouri Private Pesticide Applicator Reference manual (M87 printed in 2007 with blue lettering on the front) and handouts. If you already own this manual there will be a $12 reduction in price. Training will be held by Tim Schankenberg, regional agronomy specialist. Call the extension center to pre-register at 417-546-4431. Program flyer.
Spring Gardening Workshop
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks will present their annual "Spring Gardening Workshop" on Saturday, March 14, 2015 at the Faith Lutheran Church in Branson, MO. Sessions will run from 9:30 a.m. and run through 2:45 p.m. Advance registration is required. Cost per person for all session and lunch is $20. On-line registration is encouraged and available at http://mgozarks.com/. Vendors will offer plants and horticulture related merchandise. New for 2015 will be a question and answer table, so bring your questions. Program flyer for more information and directions.
Workshop topics are:
- Vegetables to Plant and How to Preserve Them - Alice Greenfield, Springfield Botanical Gardens, Springfield, MO
- Gardening to Attract Butterflies - Linda Bower, Springfield Botanical Gardens, Springfield, MO
- Landscaping and Pruning - Robert Balek, MU Extension regional horticulture specialist
- Terrariums - Russell Aldredge, Wickman Gardens, Springfield, MO
2015 Master Gardeners of the Ozarks Demonstration Garden Programs
This year the Master Gardeners of the Ozarks will be presenting a series of Saturday classes in the demonstration garden as well as their "Brown Bag Lunch" garden series which take place on the first Tuesday of each month at noon. All classes are held in the gardens of the Taney County MU Extension center at 122 Felkins Avenue in Forsyth, and are free and open to the public. Check out the attached flyer for class descriptions.
- Bluebirds - March 28, 2015 - 1:00 p.m.
- Rain Barrels - April 25, 2015 - 10:00 a.m.
- Pollinators - August, 22, 2015 - 10:00 a.m.
- Monarch Watch - October 3, 2015 - 10:00 a.m.
Brown Bag Lunch Garden Series - First Tuesday of each month at noon.
- Growing Sweet Potatoes - Tues. April 7, 2015
- Tomatoes for the Gardener - Tues., May 5, 2015
- Keyhole Gardens - Tues., June 2, 2015
- Drip Irrigation - Tues., July 7, 2015
- Harvest Time - Tues., Aug. 4, 2015
- Growing Micro Greens - Tues., Sept. 1, 2015
The Master Gardeners will also hold "An Evening in the Garden" on Thursday, June 25, 2015 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Join the Master Gardeners as they host an evening stroll in the gardens, sample herbal drinks and appetizers, and hear about the local history of our area. All classes are free and open to the public.
Free Tax Preparation- Taney County Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Sites to Open January 26
Beginning January 15, 2015 call 888-504-0443 to make an appointment for free tax preparation
Taney County Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites will be open according to the following schedule for 2015:
Mondays and Tuesdays, Taney County OACAC,9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., 610 S. Sixth St., Branson
Tuesdays, OTC- Hollister, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., 10698 Historic Hwy 165, Hollister
Taney County MU Extension Center, Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., 122 Felkins Avenue, Forsyth
Who can get Free Tax Preparation and the Earned Income Credit?
- Taxpayers with an AGI of $53,000 or less can get Free Tax Preparation
- Families meeting additional requirements are eligible for a credit of up to $6,044
Volunteers are not trained to do business taxes, itemized taxes or capital gains and losses. If you have any of these you should see a paid preparer.
Want your taxes prepared for FREE? Be sure to bring:
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and each of your dependent children
- Form W-2 for every job you or your spouse worked in 2014
- A personal check (for checking account and routing number), if you want your refund directly deposited
- If you have a Marketplace granted health coverage exemption, bring your exemption certificate number
- Your 2013 tax return (optional)
In 2014, did you…
- Receive unemployment compensation? Bring your Form 1099G
- Pay for child care? Bring the total you paid for child care expenses and the name, address, and Tax ID/Social Security Number of the child care provider
- Pay student loan interest? Bring the total of the student loan interest you paid
- Pay for tuition? Bring Form 1098 for you, your spouse, and/or dependent children
- Receive retirement income? Bring your 1099R
Do you need an answer?
The faculty and staff of the Taney county extension center are available to assist you with research-based information on a variety of topics. If you can't find what you are looking for on our website, give us a call at 417-546-4431 or send an email to email@example.com.