Program Highlights

Upcoming Programs

Springtime in the Garden

The Master Gardeners of the Ozark will be holding "Springtime in the Garden" on Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. in their demonstration gardens located at the Taney County MU Extension Center, 122 Felkins Avenue in Forsyth.  They will be holding a plant sale starting at 9 a.m. and will have a wide assortment of plants for sale, perennials, native plants, houseplants, annuals and vegetables grown by the Hollister School ag department, unique elephant ears, and herbs will be offered at an affordable price.  At 10 a.m. in observance of Arbor Day the Missouri Department of Conservation will provide FREE Washington Hawthorn and Red Mulberry trees, along with information on Missouri native trees and shrubs, and to answer any questions you have on planting trees.  Then at 12:30 p.m. Rachael West from Once Upon a Weed will present a workshop on Wild Culinary Arts.  She will discuss the wild edibles in season along with a presentation on  uses, storage and share a sampling with the group.  For more information contact the Taney County MU Extension center at 417-546-4431.  Program Flyer

Brown Bag Lunch Garden Series

The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks will be offering free workshops on the third Tuesday of the month again this year starting in April. Workshops will be held at noon in their demonstration gardens at the Taney County MU Extension office, 122 Felkins Avenue in Forsyth.  So pack you lunch and join them in the garden for casual informative programs!

Program topics:

  • Tues., April 18 - Tool Sharpening Workshop, presented by Bob Sell
  • Tues., May 16 - Frugal Gardening - Dirt to Soil, presented by Alice Troyke, Master Gardener
  • Tues., June 20 - Choosing the Right Fertilizer, presented by Will Knuckles, Agronomy Assistant
  • Tues., July 18 - Growing Roses in the Ozarks, presented by Bill Greet, Master Gardener
  • Tues., Aug. 15 - Dirty Dozen & Clean 15, presented by Marie Ewing, Master Gardener
  • Tues,, Sept. 19 - Trash to Treasure Garden Art, presented by Sherry Drinkall, Master Gardener
  • Tues., Oct. 17 - Local Gardens to Visit, presented by the Master Gardeners of the Ozark

See the attached flyer for more information on the individual workshops or call the Taney County MU Extension Center at 417-546-4431.

Employee Training Programs

If your business regularly offers programs for employees, as part of ongoing professional development or as an employee incentive plan, these local University of Missouri Extension specialists can offer affordable research-based educational programming as part of our Missouri Training Institute (MTI) program.  For more information or to schedule classes contact Nellie Lamers at 417-546-4431 or lamersn@missouri.eduRead more Video Program Brochure (PDF)

Key Facts About myRA

Many people want to save, but haven't found an easy way to get started.  According to a 2015 Federal Reserve Report, 31 percent of non-retired people said they have not retirement savings or pension whatsoever.  The U.S. Department of the Treasury developed myRA to make it easy for people to start saving for the future.  Visit or the attached myRA fact sheet for information on who is eligible, how it works, how to start saving.

Do you need an answer?

The faculty and staff of the Taney county extension center are available to assist you with research-based information on a variety of topics.  If you can't find what you are looking for on our website, give us a call at 417-546-4431 or send an email to