Nominees Selected for University of Missouri Extension Council of Washington County
Citizens of voting age in Washington County, pursuant to the provisions of Sec. 262-577, R.S. Mo.1969, will have an opportunity to vote and elect members to the University of Missouri Extension Council January 9-20, 2017. Ballots will be available in the Extension Office or online at http://extension.missouri.edu/washington. Click on the election page link beginning January 9, 2017. The elected and appointed members of the extension council will guide and direct extension work within the county. Extension council districts are aligned with the county commission districts. District I will elect two candidates. District II will elect two candidates. Please vote for candidates in your respective district. The nominees for two year terms are as follows:
2016 Farmer's Tax Guides -- Now Available at University of Missouri Extension Offices
With the new year upon us, 'tis the season for taxes. To help farmer's navigate tax preparation, the IRS publishes a "Farmer;s Tax Guide". The publication explains how the federal tax laws apply to farming and serves as a guide to figure your taxes and complete your 2016 farm tax return. Also included in the publication are administrative and law changes for 2016. To obtain a copy of "Farmer's Tax Guide -- Publication 225". visit your local University of Missouri Extension Office.
Garden N' Grow Class
Want to know more about gardening and making your plants grow? Garden N' Grow will consist of four classes that will cover:
- Totally Tomatoes -- February 6, 2017
- What's Wrong With My Plants? -- February 20, 2017
- Vegetable Gardening -- March 13, 2017
- Weed Warfare -- March 27, 2017
This classes will be held at the Cross Roads Fellowship Church 706 Bonnie Street Potosi, MO 63664 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. with speaker Katie Kammler-- MU Extension Horticulture Specialist.
Fee of $15.00 per person and R.S.V.P due by January 30, 2017. For more information or to R.S.V.P contact Washington County Extension Office.
Upcoming Events in Washington County
- January 9-20 - Washington County Extension Council Elections
- January 16 - Office Closed in observance to Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 19 - County Council Meeting, 6:30 p.m. at Washington County Library
- February 6 & 20 -- Garden N' Grow Class
- February 21- Annual County Council Meeting
- March 13 & 27 -- Garden N' Grow Class