Do you know anyone who loves to garden, how about someone with a green thumb? Do you know any parents wanting to get their kids more involved in outdoor activities? Washington County Extension Office is looking for volunteers to help with the community garden.
For more information. contact the Washington County Extension Office.
Emergency Response Planning for Child Care Providers
Presenter Pat Snodgrass covering the following topic: PASS Procedure/Fire Extinguishers, Safety and emergency Equipment and Procedures, Disaster Plans/Evacuation Procedures, Emergency Suppply Kits, Hazards to Plan For, Roles andResponibilies for Staff, Parent Communication of Staff, Severe Weather Resources.
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 Class is being rescheduled
Where: Potosi Hardee's Restaurant Conference Room
Fee: $10 per person payable to Washington County Extension
To enroll, contact Washington County Extension
2016 Farmer's Tax Guides -- Now Available at University of Missouri Extension Offices
With the new year upon us, 'tis the season for taxes. To help farmer's navigate tax preparation, the IRS publishes a "Farmer;s Tax Guide". The publication explains how the federal tax laws apply to farming and serves as a guide to figure your taxes and complete your 2016 farm tax return. Also included in the publication are administrative and law changes for 2016. To obtain a copy of "Farmer's Tax Guide -- Publication 225". visit your local University of Missouri Extension Office.
Beef Reproduction Workshop East Central Cattlemen's Meeting
April 3, 2017 6:30 p.m. @ Exhibit Building St. Francois County Fairgrounds
Free Event! Do Not have to be a cattlemen member to attend.
- Synchronization protocols
- Artificial insemination tools
- Participants will have the ability to view/work with actual reproductive tracts
For more information contact Kendra Graham, Livestock Specialist at 573-756-4539 or email@example.com
Upcoming Events in Washington County
- April 3 -- Beef Reproduction Workshop PDF
- April 9 -- Cured Meat Clinic @ Steve Jolly's 10 a.m.
- April 14 -- Good Friday (Office Closing at Noon)
- April 20 -- Council Meeting, Washington County Library 6:30 p.m.
- April 22 -- Hog, Goat, and Sheep Weigh-in 9 a.m. @ Sale Barn
April 25 -- Emergency Response Planning for Child Care Provider Class is being rescheduled new date will be posted as soon as available
- April 28 -- Ag Safety Day
- May 8 -- Office Closed
- May 8 & 9 -- Grazing School PDF
- May 18 -- Council Meeting, Washington County Library 6:30 p.m.
- May 29 -- Office Closed (Memorial Day)
- June 15 -- Council Meeting, Washington County Library 6:30 p.m.
- July 4 -- Office Closed (Independence Day)
- July 8 -- Pollorum Testing 8-10 a.m.
- July 20 -- Council Meeting, Washington County Library 6:30 p.m.
- August 7-12 -- Fair Week
- August 10 -- Livestock Auction 6:30 p.m.
- August 17 -- Council Meeting, Washington County Library 6:30 p.m.
- September 4 -- Office Closed (Labor Day)
- September 21 -- Council Meeting, Washington County Library 6:30 p.m.