Forage Improvement Tour
On Thursday, October 13, 2016 from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Branson Bank and the Taney County MU Extension are sponsoring a "Forage Improvement Tour" program and dinner at Danny and Brenda Neal's farm in Taneyville. A box dinner will be provided. Bring lawn chairs if you require one. An outdoor program will begin at the haybarn on the back of the property.
- Farm Overview - Danny & Brenda Neal
- Diversified Forage Options - Will Knuckles, MU Extension Assistant Agronomist
- Weed Control / Round Bale Silage - Tim Schnakenberg, MU Extension Regional Agronomy Specialist
- Marketing Meat off the Farm - David Middleton, Lincoln University Specialist
- Novel Endophyte Fescue Research and Economics - Sarah Kenyon, Agronomy Specialist; Jim Spencer, Ag Business Specialist
In order to get an accurate dinner count please RSVP by Tuesday, October 11, 2016 with Halley Fleming at the Branson Bank by phone 417-334-9696 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and directions to the Neal farm see attached flyer or call the Taney County MU Extension center at 417-546-4431.
Building Better Child Care Classes
Taney County human development specialist, Dr. Jim Wirth will be holding a 4-part series again this year to help area child care providers obtain the continuing education hours. Classes will be held once a month for four months and are each three hours long beginning in August. Registration is $15 per session/per peson, handouts and refreshments will be provided. Classes will be held in the White River Valley Electric Cooperative community room at 2449 East State Hwy 76, Branson from 6-9 p.m. Class brochure and registration form attached.
- Session 1 - Thursday, August 25, 2016 - "Is There a Vaccine to Cure Rudeness? Empathy/Civility as an Antidote to Rudeness" and "Teaching Children Respect & Tolerance"
- Session 2 - Thursday, September 15, 2016 - "Five Key Factors for Strengthening Families: Building Strong Parents and Stable Children"
- Session 3 - Thursday, October 20, 2016 - "Conflict Management" and "Learning Disabilities and Social Skills"
- Session 4 - Thursday, November 17, 2016 - "Creating Special Moments with Infants and Toddlers" and Building Relationships with Children and Youth Who Challenge Us"
Employee Training Programs
If your business regularly offers programs for employees, as part of ongoing professional development or as an employee incentive plan, these local University of Missouri Extension specialists can offer affordable research-based educational programming as part of our Missouri Training Institute (MTI) program. For more information or to schedule classes contact Nellie Lamers at 417-546-4431 or email@example.com. Read more | Video | Program Brochure (PDF)
Key Facts About myRA
Many people want to save, but haven't found an easy way to get started. According to a 2015 Federal Reserve Report, 31 percent of non-retired people said they have not retirement savings or pension whatsoever. The U.S. Department of the Treasury developed myRA to make it easy for people to start saving for the future. Visit myRA.gov or the attached myRA fact sheet for information on who is eligible, how it works, how to start saving.
Do you need an answer?
The faculty and staff of the Taney county extension center are available to assist you with research-based information on a variety of topics. If you can't find what you are looking for on our website, give us a call at 417-546-4431 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.