Ag Connection newsletter and County Ag News
Latest issue: Audrain County News January (PDF)
- Jan. 22 — Farm Bill meeting in Moberly, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Call the Audrain Extension Center at 573-581-3231 to register.
- Jan. 26 — Audrain Soils & Crops Conference (PDF)
- Jan. 29 — Montgomery Soils & Crops Conference — farm bill computer lab available. Call 573-564-3733 to reserve a place.
- Feb. 9 — Farm Bill Computer Lab - Callaway Extension Center
- Feb. 18 — Private Pesticide Applicator's Training in Mexico, 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Call the Audrain Extension Center at 573-581-3231 to register.
Additional Farm Bill computer labs are currently being planned.
Annual council dinner meeting
The Audrain County Extension Council held its annual meeting Feb. 25, 2014. Tom Groves, Audrain County Western County Associate Commissioner, was recognized with extension's Leadership Honor Roll award. The program for the evening was “From Corn to Shrimp: MU Bradford Farm Has It All” presented by Tim Reinbott, superintendent of University of Missouri Bradford Research and Extension Center. The 2014 Extension Officers were also sworn in at the meeting.
Virgil Woolridge (left) and Dave Schmeling, council chair (right), presenting
the Leadership Honor Roll Award to Tom Groves (center).
Audrain County Clerk Shelley Harvey swears in new council officers:
Dennis Isgrig, chairman; Karen Potter, vice chairperson;
Sherry Sonwalt, secretary; and Josh Hanley, treasurer.
(Pictures courtesy of Brenda Fike of The Mexico Ledger.)