Ag Connection newsletter & County Ag News
Latest issue: Audrain County News January (PDF)
- Jan. 22 - Farm Bill meeting - Moberly 2 p.m. and another at 6:00 p.m. - Call Audrain Extension Center 581-3231 to register
- Jan. 26 - Audrain Soils & Crops Conference (PDF)
- Jan. 29 - Montgomery Soils & Crops Conference - farm bill computer lab available - call 573-564-3733 to reserve a place
- Feb. 9 - Farm Bill Computer Lab - Callaway Extension Center
- Feb. 18 Private Pesticide Applicator's Training - Mexico 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. - call 581-3231 to register
Additional Farm Bill computer labs are being planned
Annual council dinner meeting
The Audrain County Extension Council held its annual meeting Feb. 25, 2014. Tom Groves, Audrain County Western County Associate Commissioner, was recognized with extension's Leadership Honor Roll award. The program for the evening was “From Corn to Shrimp: MU Bradford Farm Has It All” presented by Tim Reinbott, superintendent of University of Missouri Bradford Research and Extension Center. 2014 Extension Officers were also sworn in at the meeting.
Virgil Woolridge (left) and Dave Schmeling, council chair (right), presenting
the Leadership Honor Roll Award to Tom Groves (center).
Audrain County Clerk Shelley Harvey swears in new council officers:
Dennis Isgrig, chairman; Karen Potter, vice chairperson;
Sherry Sonwalt, secretary; and Josh Hanley, treasurer.
(Pictures courtesy of Brenda Fike of The Mexico Ledger.)