Pesticide Applicator Training
A grower can currently obtain a Private Applicator License by scheduling training through the Ripley County Extension Center 573-996-2921. Training is done from 8:00 am to 11:00 am or 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm and requires three hours.
Your community classroom
MU Extension is the University of Missouri’s classroom in Ripley County. We connect people to research-based education to enrich the quality of life and enhance the economic well-being of our communities. MU Extension in Ripley County is your one-stop source for practical education and information on almost anything.
MU Extension partners with the Ripley County Commission and other local organizations to provide education, information and services that meet people’s needs. The elected and appointed members of the Ripley County Extension Council provide guidance in identifying those needs to ensure that our educational programs are relevant, reliable and responsive.
Whether it’s resources for yourself or your family, farm, business or community, we invite you to explore our website, give us a call at 573-996-2921 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. to learn how we can help you.
Here to help
The staff of the Ripley County Extension Center is available to assist residents with research-based information on a variety of topics. If you can't find what you are looking for on our website, give us a call at 573-996-2921 or send an email to email@example.com.
Canning guides in MU Extension publications
- GH1451, Quality for Keeps: Before You Start to Can, Learn the Basics
- GH1452, Quality for Keeps: Steps to Success in Home Canning
- GH1454, Quality for Keeps: Preserve Your Garden Delights-How to Can Fresh Vegetables
- GH1455, Quality for Keeps: Food Preservation-Fruitful Canning
- GH1456, Quality for Keeps: Tantalizing Tomatoes-How to Can Fresh Tomato Products
- GH1457, Quality for Keeps: Food Preservation-In a Pickle
- GH1459, Quality for Keeps: Pack a Pickled Product
- GH1461, Quality for Keeps: Jam and Jelly Basics-Tempt Your Tastebuds With Natural Sweets
- GH1490, Quality for Keeps: Canning Meat, Fish and Poultry
- GH1501, Quality for Keeps: Freezing Basics
- GH1502, Quality for Keeps: Freezing Fruits
- GH1503, Quality for Keeps: Freezing Vegetables
- GH1504, Quality for Keeps: Freezing Meat, Poultry, Fish, Eggs and Dairy Products
- GH1505, Quality for Keeps: Freezing Home-Prepared Foods
- GH1506, Quality for Keeps: Freezer Problem Solver
- GH1507, Quality for Keeps: Freezing Unusual Fruits and Vegetables
- GH1562, Quality for Keeps: Drying Foods
- GH1563, Quality for Keeps: How to Dry Foods at Home
- GH1564, Quality for Keeps: Food Preservation-How to Use Dried Foods
Missouri 4-H Website
Ripley County Native Helps Local Students attending MIZZOU
The Prospect-News news article (PDF)
Southeast regional newsletters
The Garden Spade
Missouri Ag News
Ripley County emergency information
MU Extension publication EMW 1011, Family Disaster Plan
Hiring Contractors After Disaster (PDF)
Safety and Preparedness
Local Severe Weather
Flood related resources from University of Missouri Extension
Missouri Flood Information on Facebook
Missouri Flood Info, http://www.facebook.com/MoFloodInfo, is a collaboration of state, federal and local agencies and organizations involved addressing flooding in Missouri, including the Partnership for Disaster Recovery. Managed by MU Extension.
Missouri Flood Information on MU Extension Web Site