Missouri Livestock Symposium
The premier educational event for area livestock producers. Free trade show on Friday evening and all day Saturday. Educational speakers all day Saturday will speak on beef, horses, sheep, goats, forages and several around the home topics. Something for everyone. Free dinner on Friday evening and Saturday noon. Find out more at www.missourilivestock.com.
Christmas tree selection and care
Jennifer Schutter, horticulture specialist, shares how to select and care for your Christmas tree in this weeks radio program. Find out more
NEMO Ag Connection newsletter has informative topics
The latest issue of the Ag Connection newsletter shares information on topics current in agriculture, including the Healthcare Insurance Education Initiative, farm estate/business transition planning, drought monitoring and preparing your garden for winter. Read the entire newsletter
It's a great time to join 4-H!
4-H is a community of young people across America learning leadership, citizenship and life skills. 4-H is young people making new friends and memories while preparing to be leaders of today and tomorrow. We are a volunteer-led organization that reaches boys and girls through small groups called clubs. 4-H members choose from over 40 projects in which to participate. Most projects use hands-on learning experiences to teach subject matter and life-skills such as cooperation, leadership and decision making — skills that can be applied over and over for a lifetime. Contact Michelle Klem, 4-H youth development specialist at email@example.com or at 660-665-9866 to learn how to join 4-H.
Clover Kid groups for 5 to 7 year olds are also forming now. Contact Michelle Klem at the email or phone number above.
Like Adair County 4-H on Facebook.
Fencing and boundary laws
- MU Extension publication, G810, Missouri Fencing and Boundary Laws
- Information on Fence Laws from the Missouri Agricultural Law Center (includes link to Missouri State Statute)
- Local Optional Fence Law for Northeast Missouri, by Joe Koenen, University of Missouri Extension Agribusiness Specialist
- What Should I Do When Mother Nature Ruins My Fences, by Joe Koenen, University of Missouri Extension Agribusiness Specialist
- Posting Land Against Trespassers: Signs OR Purple Paint Markings Will Work in Missouri, by Stephen Matthews, Missouri Agriculture Law Center
- Missouri Fencing Law FAQ's, by Stephen Matthews, professor of agriculture law, University of Missouri