Page: « First ‹ Previous Next › Last »
Community Gardening Toolkit
Resources for community gardening and appendix of sample forms
- Building Communities from the Inside: A Path Toward Finding and Mobilizing a Community's Assets. 1993. John P. Kretzman and John L. McKnight. Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern University.
- The Citizen's Handbook: Practical Assistance for Those Who Want to Make a Difference. 2006. Charles Dobson. Vancouver Citizen's Committee; vcn.bc.ca/citizens-handbook/welcome.html.
- Community Garden Security. December 2005. Community Action Coalition of South Central Wisconsin, Inc.; cacscw.org/gardens/handbook/.
- Community Garden Start-up Guide. Rachel Surls with Chris Braswell and Laura Harris. Updated March 2001 by Yvonne Savio. University of California Cooperative Extension; celosangeles.ucdavis.edu/garden/articles/startup_guide.html.
- Community Gardening in Rural Regions: Enhancing Food Security and Nutrition. December 1999. Ashley F. Sullivan. Center on Hunger and Poverty, School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University.
- Community Gardens in Milwaukee: Procedures for Their Long-Term Stability and Their Import to the City. May 13, 2003. Andrew Bremer, Ken Jenkins and Diana Kanter for Milwaukee Urban Gardens. Applied Planning Workshop, Urban Planning 811, Department of Urban Planning, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Click on "Urban Gardens in Milwaukee" tab at neighbor-space.org/resources.html.
- From Neglected Parcels to Community Gardens: A Handbook. Brian Emerson with Ginger Ogilvie, Celia Bell, Don Anderson, Agnes Chiao and Rob Ferris. Wasatch Community Gardens; wasatchgardens.org/gardenresources.html.
- Great Garden Leader Practices (internal document). n.d. Hannah Reinhart and Lauren Maul, Gateway Greening, Inc., St. Louis. gatewaygreening.org.
- Growing Communities Curriculum: Community Building and Organizational Development through Community Gardening. 2001. Jeanette Abi-Nader, Kendall Dunnigan and Kristen Markley. American Community Gardening Association; communitygarden.org/acga-store.php.
- How to Start a Neighborhood Greening Project (internal document). 2009. Gateway Greening, Inc., St. Louis. gatewaygreening.org.
- Multiple Benefits of Community Gardening. Gardening Matters. Minneapolis, Minnesota. gardeningmatters.org/Resources/community.htm.
- Raised-Bed Gardening. March 2003. Christopher J. Starbuck, Department of Horticulture. MU Extension Publication.
- Starting a Community Garden. American Community Gardening Association; communitygarden.org/learn/starting-a-community-garden.php.
- Vision to Action: Take Charge Too. 2001. Green, G.P., T.O. Borich, R.D. Cole, D.L. Darling, C. Hancock, S.H. Huntington, M.S. Leuci, B. McMaster, D.B. Patton, F. Schmidt, A.H. Silvis, R. Steinberg, D. Teel, J. Wade, N. Walzer, and J. Stewart. North Central Regional Center for Rural Development, RRD 182; www.ncrcrd.iastate.edu/pubs/contents/182.htm.
- What Good is Community Greening? 1995. David Malakoff. Online at the American Community Gardening Association Web site; communitygarden.org/learn/resources/articles.php.
- Whitmire Study: Gateway Greening Community Garden Areas, Reversing Urban Decline. Public Policy Research Center, University of Missouri-St. Louis. Gateway Greening, Inc., St. Louis. gatewaygreening.org/WhitmireStudy.asp.
Gardeners' Welcome Packet
- City Bountiful: A Century of Community Gardening in America. Lawson, L. J., (2005). Berkley and Los Angeles, Calif.: University of California Press.
- Community Garden Movement. Glover, T. D., (2003a) In K. Christensen & D. Levinson (eds.) Encyclopedia of Community (pp. 264-266). Thousand Oaks, Calif: Sage.
- Soldier's of the Soil: A Historical Review of the United States School Garden Army. Hayden-Smith, Rose. (Winter 2006). Monograph, University of California 4H Center for Youth Development.
Page: « First ‹ Previous Next › Last »