STL Community LAB: Learn. Act. Build.
STL Community LAB creates space for our region to Learn, Act, and Build strong communities. We do this by assembling community development trainings from a variety of organizations and universities in the St. Louis region onto one organized platform.
The STL Community LAB offers:
- A hub for residents and professionals to easily access and participate in high quality courses to build community through topics such as real estate, organizing, and managing a nonprofit organization.
- Collaborative new programs, courses, and trainings that provide vital and current community development knowledge.
- A way to connect the dots for neighborhood leaders hoping to take their community work to the next level and have a voice in civic decision-making.
- Support for residents who are seeking to make the changes they envision for their communities.
Courses fall into the following categories:
- Local Government 101
- Neighborhood Leadership
- Anti-Racist Communities
- Community Organizing
- Community Engagement
- Real Estate Development
- Economic Development
- Civic Data
- Non-Profit Governance including Evaluation, Fundraising
- Coalition Building
The mission of the STL Community LAB is to increase participation in the community building process by educating and supporting all in the quest to build strong, whole communities.
The Course Selection Rubric (PDF) is used to help decide which trainings and events are listed on this platform.
The views, information, or opinions expressed through partner organization trainings listed on this site do not represent those of the curators of the University of Missouri and its employees.