About Nursing Outreach
About Nursing Outreach – FY2020
As part of the University of Missouri Health System and Sinclair School of Nursing, MU Nursing Outreach has all the resources of the state’s flagship university and an academic health sciences center at our fingertips. As part of the University Extension/Engagement, this places us in a privileged position to provide the latest evidence-based educational programs for practicing professional nurses and other healthcare providers throughout Missouri and beyond.
- Nursing Outreach serves a predominantly rural health-care audience with high-quality, affordable continuing education programs using face-to-face, web-based and online delivery methods.
- Nurses from 99 (87%) of Missouri’s 114 counties and the city of St. Louis attended continuing education programs sponsored by MU Nursing Outreach in FY2020.
- The large majority of individuals who benefit from nursing continuing professional development opportunities are from mostly rural and underserved areas, both medically and educationally.
- In addition to Missouri, nurses from 27 other states and the countries of Australia and Canada benefitted from MUNO’s educational programs, in part due to our increased emphasis in online learning.
- During FY 2020, 3,591 participants enrolled in educational opportunities provided by MU Nursing Outreach (MUNO) including jointly sponsored multidisciplinary programs including social workers, nursing home administrators, physicians, psychologists and counselors.
- Participants rate the overall quality of their continuing education experience as 1.3 (4-point scale with 1 being the highest) and indicate specific ways in which they plan to change their clinical practices based on what they learned at Nursing Outreach programs.
- The office received close to $4 million in competitive grants and contracts from external agencies during the last five years.