Shop for training materials, apparel and more.
Fire Officer Certificate Program
Established in 2002, the Fire Officer Certificate Program provides a structured delivery of curriculum and academic rigor for individuals who wish to further their professional development without the time and expense of traditional college classes. This program has been developed and evaluated to ensure it provides knowledge and information regarding the responsibilities expected for current or aspiring company officers. Two-thirds of the required courses are approved by the American Council on Education and meet their standards for academic credit hours. These approved courses may be transferable at your local educational institute pending their approval.
Benefits of the program
- Online and blended courses with greater access and more availability
- Regularly scheduled classes
- Save time and money on travel and overtime
- Simplified requirements
- Assists in the promotion of company officers
- Offers continuing education for company officers
- Curriculum is applicable to fire science degrees
How to enroll
- Complete the Fire Officer Certificate Program application.
- Pay the $150 program fee.
- Program fee does not include required course enrollment fees or textbooks.
How to graduate
Participants must complete the required courses totaling 288 hours of instruction within three years to graduate.
- I-100 Introduction to Incident Command System*
- I-200 ICS for Single Resources and initial Action Incidents*
- ICS 300: Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents*
- Fire Service Instructor I**
* Required prior to the program.
** Required prior to taking Fire Officer I.
Course enrollment fees and textbooks are required and not included with the $150 program fee.
|Company Officer Strategy and Tactics||●||40||●|
|Emergency Services Leadership||●||40||●|
|Emergency Services Management||●||40||●|
|Fire Officer I - (Blended) – prerequisites required||40|
|Fire Officer II - (Blended) – prerequisites required||40|
|Fire Service Science||●||40||●|
|Principles of Emergency Services, Safety and Survival||●||40||●|
|Principles of Fire Prevention and Protection Services||●||40||●|
|Simulated Incident Management for First Arriving Officer||8|
* Fire Officer I and Fire Officer II may be substituted with an International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or ProBoard completion certificate.
Online courses are instructor-led and completely online; they are available within a defined delivery period.
Blended online courses are a combination of online instructor-led and a traditional classroom delivery.
Online Course Schedule
- Two online classes available every three months (January, April, July, and October)
- Classes are open for registration for the first two months.
- Students must complete the class by the end of the third month (March, June, September, and December)
- Online class availability will rotate quarterly.
Blended and Traditional Class Schedule
- Available periodically throughout the year.