Missouri SBDC for Agriculture, Food and Forestry
The Missouri Small Business Development Center for Agriculture, Food and Forestry partners with agri-entrepreneurs to develop and expand businesses.
As part of an interdisciplinary partnership, the Missouri SBDC, designated specialists within Agriculture and Environment Extension, to work together with business counselors to connect new ideas to successful business structures and initial capital.
The program focuses on agriculture and business development in three concentration areas:
- Livestock (milk and meat)
- Commercial horticulture and crops
- Food processing and forestry products
This partnership is funded by the Missouri SBDC network's allocation of CARES dollars from the U.S. Small Business Administration to assist agri-entrepreneurs who have experienced disruptions from the COVID-19 pandemic. The partnership provides clients confidential, one-on-one personalized assistance and access to resources that may be difficult to acquire on their own.
The Missouri SBDC is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration and a partner of the University of Missouri Extension.
Meet the experts
- David Steffes SBTDC CENTRAL REGIONAL DIRECTOR/COLUMBIA, MO
- Stacey Hamilton DAIRY SPECIALIST, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI SOUTHWEST RESEARCH CENTER
- Mary Sobba FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- David Black COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- David Reinbott FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Debi Kelly FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Eric Meusch EXTENSION INSTRUCTOR
- Jennifer Lutes COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Joe Horner EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Joseph Koenen COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Juan Cabrera-Garcia FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Justin Keay FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Karisha Devlin FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Mallory Rahe PROF, AST EXTNS
- Maria Rodriguez Alcala COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Patrick Byers FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Raysha Tate COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Ryan Milhollin EXTENSION SPECIALIST