State Farm gift supports MU Extension programs
- Published: Friday, April 14, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – A State Farm Insurance Co. donation of $128,000 presented April 13 includes support for several University of Missouri Extension programs:
• A $54,000 gift to MU Extension’s Fire and Rescue Training Institute will fund essential firefighting and rescue training for Missouri emergency responders to highway incidents. The funding will sponsor 18 courses, providing training to an estimated 400 firefighters and emergency responders throughout the state.
• MU Extension in Johnson County received $7,000 to support delivery of roadway safety education programming to youth in the Johnson County area, with topics including car, ATV, bicycle, general roadway and pedestrian safety.
• The Family Impact Center, administered by MU Extension, received $10,000 to support the center’s financial literacy program. Through partnerships with various units within the university, the Family Impact Center provides services to community members in Columbia in a variety of fields, including health, financial literacy and life skills. The center also offers a number of youth programs.
• The Office for Financial Success, part of the MU College of Human Environmental Sciences, received $12,000. The program provides valuable financial counseling and resources, including educational workshops, weekly financial tips, tax preparation and MU Extension programming across the state of Missouri.
Also receiving gifts from State Farm were MU Health Care’s Frank Mitchell Trauma Center ($20,000), and the Trulaske College of Business’s Risk Management and Insurance Program ($25,000).
More information about the gifts is available from the MU News Bureau.
Writer: Curt Wohleber
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: March 22, 2023
Event time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Event date: March 23, 2023
Event time: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
News & articles
Publication date: March 1, 2023