Missouri youths attend National 4-H Congress in Atlanta
- Published: Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2022
Missouri youths gathered with others from across the nation for the 2021 National 4-H Congress, Nov. 26-30 in Atlanta.
During National 4-H Congress, youths participated in a wide range of educational workshops, service-learning projects and keynote speaker presentations. They also had the opportunity to tour Atlanta landmarks such as Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, College Football Hall of Fame, Centennial Olympic Park and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center. This year’s event was the 100th National 4-H Congress.
Missouri’s delegation comprised 37 youths from across the state. Typically, 20 youths are selected to attend this national event each year. However, with the 2020 National 4-H Congress being canceled, Missouri 4-H was able to take youths selected for both years to the 2021 event.
The 2021 delegation:
- Ryan Davis, Barton County
- Connor Lincoln, Bollinger County
- Kaleb Vaughn and Matthew Vaughn, Boone County
- Evan Miller and Laine Schmalzried, Cass County
- David Farr and Rachel Wiese, Clay County
- Daniel Gilmer and Matthew Carlton, Clinton County
- Taylor Riley, Cole County
- Caroline Herigon, Cooper County
- Jillian Powers and Kaylyn Powers, Gasconade County
- Kaci Persell, Grundy County
- Kate Rogers, Harrison County
- Bailey Carter, Henry County
- Brett Rockers, Jasper County
- Riley Edmunds and Zachary Munsterman, Johnson County
- Libby Shaver, Laclede County
- Caedon Bergman and Sonya Rodekohr, Lafayette County
- Kaitlynn Foster, Lincoln County
- Keri Schindler and Lydia Althoff, Marion County
- Courtney Keatson, McDonald County
- Ava Engemann, Montgomery County
- Ada Tucker, Newton County
- Alexis Van Brocklin, Pettis County
- Dylan Hamilton, Putnam County
- Eli Kigar and Elsie Kigar, Scotland County
- Hallie Bond and Laura Kenagy, Vernon County
- Kelsey Miller and Nathan Benne, Warren County
Major support for 4-H Civic Engagement Programs is provided by the Missouri 4-H Foundation in partnership with the Association of Missouri Electric Cooperatives; Aaron and Erica Baker; Mary Davis; the Hertzog Family; the Martz Family; MFA Foundation; Miller Family Foundation; Missouri Pork Association; Marla J. Tobin, M.D.; and the Turner Family.
For more information about 4-H, visit 4h.missouri.edu or contact your local MU Extension center.
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Jan. 30, 2023
Event time: 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Event date: Jan. 30, 2023
Event time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
News & articles
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2023
Publication date: Jan. 1, 2023
CEUHazardous Materials and Weapons of Mass Destruction Incident Response Awareness
July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023