Flood-related resources from MU Extension
- Published: Tuesday, July 26, 2022
News releases, publications and more.
- Food safety after flooding: https://extension.missouri.edu/news/food-safety-after-flooding-5118
- Be prepared for flooded roads: https://extension.missouri.edu/news/be-prepared-for-flooded-roads-2567
- First aid for leaky basements: https://extension.missouri.edu/news/first-aid-for-leaky-basements-2572
- Reducing flood damage to home and property: https://extension.missouri.edu/news/reducing-flood-damage-to-home-and-property-1155
- Let flood-damaged homes dry thoroughly before installing new coverings: https://extension.missouri.edu/news/let-flood-damaged-homes-dry-thoroughly-before-installing-new-coverings-3073
- Scams and fraud add insult to injury after a disaster: https://extension.missouri.edu/news/protect-yourself-from-contractor-fraud-1170
- Property loss from disasters may be tax deductible: https://extension.missouri.edu/news/property-loss-from-disasters-may-be-tax-deductible-1113
- Use shock chlorination to disinfect contaminated wells: https://extension.missouri.edu/news/use-shock-chlorination-to-disinfect-contaminated-wells-1096
- Snakes on a flood plain: https://extension.missouri.edu/news/snakes-on-a-flood-plain-1175
In-depth information is available from these MU Extension publications, which are available for free download. (To access publications, use the links below or go extension.missouri.edu/publications/ and search by publication number.)
- MP904, Resources for Your Flooded Home – Downloadable 24-page publication offers information about electrical systems; repairing walls; cleaning furniture, flooring, floor coverings, bedding and kitchen items; and controlling mold and mildew. Other information includes financial advice, filing insurance claims, avoiding fraud and hiring a contractor.
- EMW1026, Safe Drinking Water in an Emergency – Downloadable guide sheet on storing and purifying drinking water during an emergency.
More from MU Extension
National Weather Service
- Flood Safety Tips, www.weather.gov/safety/flood
- "Turn Around Don't Drown" flood safety PSA, youtu.be/CxSgwRQaCqw
Writer: Curt Wohleber
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: June 6, 2023
Event time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saint Peters, MO
News & articles
CEUEngineering in Medical Imaging 1: Non-Ionizing Techniques 2023FS
Aug. 21, 2023 - Oct. 15, 2023
CEUEngineering in Medical Imaging 2: Ionizing Techniques 2023FS
Aug. 21, 2023 - Dec. 15, 2023