Friday, June 26, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – Rain continues to reign in Missouri’s corn and soybean fields.
Thursday, June 18, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – The worse corn looks now, the more it needs nitrogen fertilizer to boost yields, says a University of Missouri plant scientist.
Media available: photos
Tuesday, June 16, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. –Soybean farmers can make the most of a bad planting season, says University of Missouri Extension agronomy specialist Bill Wiebold.
Friday, June 12, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – Corn growers might want to review ways to avoid atrazine runoff after the heavy rains this past spring.
Friday, June 5, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – Your beautiful tomato plant is setting fruit and soon has nice green tomatoes. Then, to your horror, a dark, sunken spot shows up at the bottom of the fruit. You might think an insect or disease has attacked your plant. But that’s not the case. It’s actually a physiological disorder called blossom-end rot that is caused by a calcium imbalance.
Media available: audio; photo
Tuesday, June 2, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – Rain, weeds and plant disease continue to worry farmers in northwestern Missouri, says Wayne Flanary, University of Missouri Extension agronomy specialist in Holt County.
Media available: photo
Wednesday, May 13, 2015MOSCOW MILLS, Mo. – Students at the Lincoln County R-III Ninth Grade Center are learning about the weather.
Media available: photo
Thursday, April 2, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo.– Don’t add fertilizer to your garden unless you know what the soil needs.
Friday, January 23, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo.– A flame flares from a torch near a greenhouse. It’s not there for light; it’s biogas from the anaerobic digester within the greenhouse.
Media available: photo; video
Thursday, August 9, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – The livestock industry is taking a direct hit by this summer’s drought, and that will impact consumers’ wallets next year, says a University of Missouri agricultural economist.
Media available: video
Wednesday, August 8, 2012NOVELTY, Mo. – Zac Erwin stood by a drought-stunted field of Sudangrass as he talked to wagon-loads of field day visitors at the MU Greenley Research Center, Aug. 7.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA – Soybeans that won’t make a seed crop offer potential high-quality forage for beef and dairy producers. The decision to cut beans for hay won’t be easy, say University of Missouri Extension specialists.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers are reporting that in spite of prolonged drought and hot temperatures their soybean plants appear amazingly green for this time of year.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. – Building on more than 51 years of service to the agriculture industry, the University of Missouri T.E. “Jake” Fisher Delta Research Center will host its annual Field Day, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Aug. 31.
Media available: photos
Tuesday, January 31, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – A healthy garden starts from the ground up.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
You may be interested in these related publications:
- AF1009, Establishing and Managing Riparian Forest Buffers
- CB1, Agriculture Guide Book
- CB3, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G100 - G1999
- CB5, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G6000 - G9999
- DVD12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- EV12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- G1500, Choosing Terrace Systems
- G1501, Operating and Maintaining Underground Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1503, Operating and Maintaining Grassed Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1504, Maintaining Grassed Waterways
- G1506, Design Criteria for Diversions
- G1507, Design Criteria for Cross-Slope Channels
- G1509, Controlling Runoff and Erosion at Urban Construction Sites
- G1510, Design Criteria for Canopy and Hood Inlet Spillways
- G1514, Design Criteria for Formless Concrete Flumes
- G1520, Discharge Capacity Tables for Canopy, Hood, Morning Glory and Drop Inlet Spillways
- G1528, Design Criteria for Debris Basins
- G1530, Operation of a Bottom Withdrawal (Lake Cleaning) Spillway
- G1531, Design Criteria for Bottom-Withdrawal (Lake-Cleaning) Spillway
- G1548, Maintaining Small Dams
- G1562, Estimating Soil Erosion for Conservation Planning
- G1570, Estimating Residue: Line Transect Method
- G1606, Culverts and Flood Gates
- G1650, Conservation Tillage and Residue Management to Reduce Soil Erosion
- G1652, Ridge-Till Tips
- G1653, Vegetative Barriers for Erosion Control
- G1885, Fugitive Dust: Nonpoint Sources
- G9401, Managing Missouri Fish Ponds During an Extended Drought
- PALS1, Site Assessment for Better Gardens and Landscapes