Your plan for succession will be as individual as your business.Learn your options (clickable)
Win government contracts
Procurement specialists help firms grow through selling to the government.Learn how this business succeeded (clickable) (clickable)
The University of Missouri Extension Business Development Program assists businesses throughout the state. The programs below are what make the Missouri Business Development Program and provide assistance to most industries. Learn more by clicking on a program.
Missouri Small Business Development Centers
Helping businesses at every stage from concept to startup, growth to renewal, mature to succession succeed through counseling, training and access to technology.
Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Centers
MO PTAC helps businesses - including small, disadvantaged, veteran and women-owned firms - obtain federal, state and local government contracts.
Mid-America Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
Helping manufacturers in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska respond to import competition through cost share grant funding and support.
Growing Agribusiness Sustainably
The Growing Agribusiness Sustainably program strives to double the value of Missouri agriculture by 2030.
Connecting Entrepreneurial Communities
Connecting Entrepreneurial Communities aims to create, connect, and promote community economic revitalization through entrepreneurship as a driver for economic growth across communities in Missouri where entrepreneurs and innovators flourish and are celeb
Partnership to Enhance Innovation, Resilience and Agility in Missouri’s Manufacturers
The Partnership to Enhance Innovation, Resilience and Agility in Missouri’s Manufacturers leverages the expertise of faculty and students on the four UM campuses to serve the state’s manufacturers through education, topic-focused roundtable discussions, a
Meet the experts
- Jana Weitkemper MISSOURI APEX ACCELERATOR STATE DIRECTOR
- Deena Aaron OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT IV
- Mike Adams SOFTWARE SUPPORT ANALYST, EXTENSION SBDC
- Kelly Asbury BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Kris Bockting MISSOURI APEX ACCELERATOR COUNSELOR
- Mark Christian SMALL BUSINESS AND TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT CENTER BUSINESS SPECIALIST
- Lance Coffman BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Carmen Dehart DIR II BUSINESS ADMIN
- Katie Fields BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Leslie Fischer FIELD SPECIALIST IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- Rebecca Gubbels BUSINESS SPECIALIST
- Yvetta Hamilton BUSINESS SUPPORT SR, BUSINESS & INDUSTRY PROGRAMS
- Jill Hathaway SR DIR PROGRAM/PROJECT OPS
- Tara Horton BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Chrystal Irons BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Michelle Kretsinger PROGRAM/PROJECT SUPPRT COOR I
- Ed Lahue FIELD SPECIALIST IN BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Rebecca Lobina BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT