Is your business protected?
Measure your business’s cybersecurity risk. Take our no-cost cybersecurity course.Small business, big threat (clickable)
Your plan for succession will be as individual as your business.Learn your options (clickable)
Win government contracts
Procurement specialists help firms grow through selling to the government.Learn how this business succeeded (clickable) (clickable)
The University of Missouri Extension Business Development Program assists businesses throughout the state. The programs below are what make the Missouri Business Development Program and provide assistance to most industries. Learn more by clicking on a program.
Creating Entrepreneurial Communities
Creating Entrepreneurial Communities aims to create, connect, and promote community economic revitalization through entrepreneurship as a driver for economic growth across communities in Missouri where entrepreneurs and innovators flourish and are celebra
Digital Transformation Consortium
The Digital Transformation Consortium brings together mid-Missouri businesses to address the critical need for continuing education focused on digital technologies.
Growing Agribusiness Sustainably
The Growing Agribusiness Sustainably program strives to double the value of Missouri agriculture by 2030.
Mid-America Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
Helping manufacturers in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska respond to import competition through cost share grant funding and support.
Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Centers
MO PTAC helps businesses - including small, disadvantaged, veteran and women-owned firms - obtain federal, state and local government contracts.
Meet the experts
- Greg Tucker ADMINISTRATIVE CONSULTANT SR
- Jana Weitkemper PTAC STATE DIRECTOR
- Allen Waldo PTAC SPECIALIST, EXTENSION BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Amina Abdul-Malik BUSINESS COUNSELOR
- Anastasia Tiedemann BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Ashley Shafer BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Carmen Dehart DIR II BUSINESS ADMIN
- Carolyn Chrisman BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Chrystal Irons DIRECTOR, SMSU SBTDC
- Colleen Mulvihill BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Deena Aaron OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT IV
- Donald Robertson PTAC SPECIALIST
- Donna Porch PROGRAM DIRECTOR, TRADE ADJUSTMENT ASSISTANCE CENTER
- Ed Lahue FIELD SPECIALIST IN BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Jakob Pallesen BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Jaymie Mitchell PTAC SPECIALIST
- Jill Hathaway SBTDC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
- Jill Meyer SR DIR PROGRAM/PROJECT OPS