Business and community
Starting or growing your business? Find resources or contact MU Extension business specialists for expert help at every stage.Learn more (clickable)
Tech specialists help take intellectual property from idea to commercialization.Learn more about this program (clickable)
Making a difference
Helping citizens tap into local strengths and university resources.Learn about ExCEED (clickable)
MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute
FRTI provides comprehensive education and skills training for Missouri’s fire and emergency service responders.
Missouri Small Business Development Centers
Helping businesses at every stage from concept to startup, growth to renewal, mature to succession succeed through counseling, training and access to technology.
The Alianzas partnership enhances the ability of communities to collaborate with the growing immigrant Hispanic population.
The Center for Applied Research and Environmental Systems (CARES) aids interested public and private parties in learning about and managing our resources.
Meet the experts
- Greg Tucker STATE DIRECTOR, SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTERS
- Jana Weitkemper PTAC STATE DIRECTOR
- Sarah Low ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, FRED V. HEINKEL PROFESSOR IN AGRICULTURE & DIRECTOR OF EXCEED
- Richard Proffer FIELD SPECIALIST IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Jaymie Mitchell PTAC SPECIALIST
- Alan Spell PROF, AST EXTNS
- Allen Waldo PTAC SPECIALIST, EXTENSION BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Amber Childers COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Amina Abdul-Malik BUSINESS COUNSELOR
- Amy Patillo FIELD SPECIALIST IN LABOR AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- Anastasia Tiedemann BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Ashley Shafer BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Bill McKelvey Jr PROGRAM/PROJECT SUPPRT COOR SR
- Carmen Dehart DIR II BUSINESS ADMIN
- Carolyn Chrisman BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Charles Holland DIRECTOR OF FAMILY IMPACT CENTER
- Chrystal Irons DIRECTOR, SMSU SBTDC
- Claire Wolff COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT