Business and community
Starting or growing your business? Find resources or contact MU Extension business specialists for expert help at every stage.Learn more (clickable)
Tech specialists help take intellectual property from idea to commercialization.Learn more about this program (clickable)
Making a difference
Helping citizens tap into local strengths and university resources.Learn about ExCEED (clickable)
Missouri Small Business Development Centers
Helping businesses at every stage from concept to startup, growth to renewal, mature to succession succeed through counseling, training and access to technology.
The Alianzas partnership enhances the ability of communities to collaborate with the growing immigrant Hispanic population.
The Center for Applied Research and Environmental Systems (CARES) aids interested public and private parties in learning about and managing our resources.
Community Emergency Management Program
Provides education and technical assistance to individuals and families, local governments, businesses, schools and organizations in preparing and responding to natural and man-made disasters.
Meet the experts
- Greg Tucker STATE DIRECTOR, SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTERS
- Jana Weitkemper PTAC STATE DIRECTOR
- Rebecca Lobina BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- James Humphrey FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Joseph Koenen COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Alan Spell PROF, AST EXTNS
- Allen Waldo PTAC SPECIALIST, EXTENSION BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Amina Abdul-Malik BUSINESS COUNSELOR
- Amy Patillo FIELD SPECIALIST IN LABOR AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- Anastasia Tiedemann BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Ashley Shafer BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Becky Simpson COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- Carmen Dehart DIR II BUSINESS ADMIN
- Carolyn Chrisman BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Cathy Galland COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- Charles Holland DIRECTOR OF FAMILY IMPACT CENTER
- Chrystal Irons DIRECTOR, SMSU SBTDC
- Cindy Wells FIELD SPECIALIST IN 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT