Plant production and technology
Planning for next year
Cold months are a great time to plan for spring and summer gardening. Consider building high tunnels to extend the production season. These publications will jump start your efforts.View publications
Whether you have a single tree or acres of woodlands, this site is for you.Know your pests
Funding for GAP certification
For a limited time, MU Extension has USDA GAPs cost share funding available for Missouri produce growers, which will pay for up to half the cost of USDA GAP certification.Learn more (DOC)
Master Pollinator Steward
Learn about the relationship between pollinators such as honeybees and a healthy ecosystem.
Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory
Analyzes soil, plant, water, manure, compost and greenhouse media.
Provides in-depth horticulture training for Missourians who wish to spread their knowledge of gardening.
Plant Diagnostic Clinic
Identifies and provides management solutions for insects, diseases and weeds.
Meet the experts
- William Halleran FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Wayne Flanary FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Steven Abernathy RESEARCH/LAB TECHNICIAN SR
- Donna Aufdenberg FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Mandy Bish ASST. RESEARCH PROF. & STATE EXT. SPECIALIST, FIELD CROP PATHOLOGY
- Kevin Bradley PROF. & STATE EXT. SPECIALIST, WEED SCIENCE
- Patrick Byers FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Jim Crawford DIRECTOR, GRAVES-CHAPPLE EXTENSION & EDUCATION CENTER & FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRI SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY
- Sarah Denkler REGIONAL DIRECTOR
- David Dunn EXTENSION ASSOCIATE SOIL TESTING LAB & RICE EXTENSION
- Charles Ellis FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY
- Kendra Graham EXTENSION ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Joni Harper FIELD SPECIALIST IN NATURAL RESOURCES
- Travis Harper FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Matthew Herring REGIONAL DIRECTOR
- Sarah Hultine Massengale PROF, AST EXTNS
- Kate Kammler FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Justin Keay FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE